Rearmounted Turbo on Blazer

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rearmounted Turbo on Blazer

Post by BobbleSmitty »

ImageClick here to see Video

This looks pretty sweet! It definately gets up and goes!
So what are the advantages/disadvantages to something like this???

Here's his Dyno Video @ 8psi

Dyno Run
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

sweet 8) 255 WHP 327 FTLBS , that'll get the job done....not sure what job....but you can bet it'll be done!
:lol:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

How much money are we talking? :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I don't know much about these setups! I'd like to know a little more about it tho!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

:? An Intake Under The Truck?? I Don't See That Working Real Well As You Go Thru A Huge Mud Puddle As Your 4-Wheeling :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Oiling is the biggest issue IMO. You have to oil the turbo from the motor, and that means a ton of oil lines run back there.

Proper turbo sizing takes care of lag (Or a higher stall convertor).

Otherwise it's like any other FI setup. You add some air, and some fuel to the engine, and it makes more power. Theres a ton of different ways to do it. The remote mount addresses some issues about under hood heat, ease of install and things like that, but opens up new ones along the lines of turbo sizing, oiling requirements, and exposure to damage.

Just like anything, when the engineers (rather in a lab or the backyard) designed the system, they made a series of compromises.

IMO 8psi is kinda weak. There are guys with prochargers running upwards of 14psi with adequate fueling. One guy in particular has over 400RWHP from a similar setup. I personally wouldn't touch a system that was running less than 10psi on these motors. The compression rate isn't that high IMO.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Not bad, but a stock Syclone or Typhoon probably has those numbers beat.

On a side note...speaking of odd turbo placements, there's a regular customer at the dealership I work at that has a twin turbocharged 06 Mustang GT. Sounds cool...except the turbos are mounted at the back just before the tailpipes. Seems like a lot of wasted fab work to me.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
KedExx
Regular
Regular

Post by KedExx »

People with new Pontiac GTO's are running these turbo set up's. This past summer while we were at Atco Raceway there was a 05 GTO running 10.30's all night long....atleast until the officials woke up and realised the he had no roll cage and the stock seat belt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

AZS10Crew wrote:Not bad, but a stock Syclone or Typhoon probably has those numbers beat.

On a side note...speaking of odd turbo placements, there's a regular customer at the dealership I work at that has a twin turbocharged 06 Mustang GT. Sounds cool...except the turbos are mounted at the back just before the tailpipes. Seems like a lot of wasted fab work to me.
Stock Sy/Ty puts down about 300hp, and about 500ft-lbs (assuming good fuel pump, and regulator)
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]