Loose Screws

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Loose Screws

Post by BADs Crew »

No one is safe from these Sick Crimes God Bless them all but one. What is the USA coming too.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Yeah That's Scary....
I Was Visiting Relatives In Lancaster Pa. The Other Weekend (In Lititz) And I Took My Daughter To The Strasburg Railroad Station Which Is Pretty Close To Where That Happened. We Took A Train Ride Thru Amish Country (On A Real Thomas The Tank Engine Train :D) So We Could've Been Right In That Area. People Are Just Nuts Anymore Supposedly The Guy Was 32 And Was Mad About Something That Happened 20 Years Ago?? So He Was 12?? I'll Never Understand Nut Cases Like That.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

guess i'm going to have to pack the heat when i get my teaching job :shock: my somewhat little town of Cadillac, MI had a kid bring a gun into the school this last week. the times they are a changing, that's for sure.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bwenny247 wrote:guess i'm going to have to pack the heat when i get my teaching job...
If you could kill a kid with it, you might consider a different occupation, Please.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Loose Screws

Post by Walt »

BADs Crew wrote:No one is safe from these Sick Crimes God Bless them all but one. What is the USA coming too.
These kinds of crimes are what capital punishment is for.

I think they'll eventually lock down schools much like airliners. Instead diffusing or dealing with a deadly situation, keep it completelly out of the facility. There are some negatives to this idea as well, but if it were my kids, I'd say do whatever it takes to keep them safe.
Last edited by Walt on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

bwenny247 wrote:my somewhat little town of Cadillac, MI had a kid bring a gun into the school this last week. the times they are a changing, that's for sure.
Same thing happened here in my suburban town of Lyndhurst, OH last year. Some kid brought a gun to the high school that I attended 4 years ago and was showing it off. Thank God he didn't use it! I can't believe that some people are just that dumb to do such a thing. It boggles my mind.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

The really sad thing is this: How did the kid gain access to that gun? In most cases, the gun belongs to a parent, and is not properly secured. This won't help if the kid gets the gun from a friend, or finds it. In those cases, it's still up to the parents to try to teach him/her to respect firearms.

I live about an hour away from the city of Pearl, where Luke Woodham went on a shooting spree several years ago. I have several friends that were going to Pearl High School at that time. One in particular is still dealing with what happened. I doubt he'll ever completelly get over it. :(
--Walt
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Walt wrote:
These kinds of crimes are what capital punishment is for.
Yeah but these sick SOBs don't give us the pleasure of punishing them, they kill them selves before we can get to them. I'm sure the cops would have had this kind of Anger if they would have had him in the cross hairs. This sh*t is getting old. I razed my son in the middle of a farm and he has been an honor roll student every year. Some times I feel bad that he has no friends to play with after school, but this is the kind of mentality I am trying to protect him from. He knows rite from wrong. I just don't know how some one can do this to another person’s child.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

BADs Crew wrote:...I just don't know how some one can do this to another person’s child.
I know what you mean. It's beyond me, especially since that guy had kids of his own....
--Walt
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Treat others as you would have them treat you, and live each day as if it were your last.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

I have been very hesitant to respond to this all day, but...the people that do these crimes are SICK, and should have only taken THEMSELVES out of the gene pool and not the innocent. I just put my 5yr old daughter to sleep, and I couldn't imagine doing something like this to anyone. Yes, I have several guns as I'm an avid hunter, & treat each one like they are loaded, keep them locked in a gun safe--not a gun cabinet, have taken the hunting safety courses, teach my nephew/daughter/neice gun safety every time we are around a firearm---BUT if any of these sick people attempt to harm family/friends/neighbors/etc. around me, then ----------------------------------------Yes, they better plan on being shot......

Sorry, but that's how I feel...
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
mattfu
Crew
Crew

Post by mattfu »

this has been a problem that has been creeping up on north america for some time. dont feel that it is a usa problem, the school shootings here in canada started in toronto and montreal and stayed in urban centeres, but now they have spread to rural schools. Dispite where we live we can all think of an incident similar to this within an hour drive of our home (or at least i can think of a few). Seeing this latest injustice i think we can all agree that an adult doing this is pure mental sickness, this type of mind is obviously distorted and we cant and probably dont want to understand his motives, but my problem is the incidences involving peers as shooters, why? why are kids killing kids, all we hear from the general public about things like this are that the kid was a loner, a goth, and how we wish we could have them alive for prosecutuion. i dont have much of a point other than i think we should , as a society start talking about why kids are doing this. at the rate of increase that these shootings are happening, every school will have had a shooting before the end of most of our lives, media outlets pick up these stories and talk about the "hit lists", how the crimes were planned, and what the shooters did up to entering the school. they even write books and publish maps of how the shootings happened, but seldom a word about what drives people to do this, or what each of us can do in the form of prevention.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

When you think of how the world changed in the last 35-40 years, it makes me wonder just what the world is coming to. When I was in high school, ti was not unusual to see 4 or 5 pickpu trucks (especially during hunting season) with rifles or shotguns in a case hanging on gun racks in the back window. Of course, there was more respect for each other and for yourself and family than there is now. I pray that some how the world will come to their senses and see what it is doing to itself, but I doubt that it will happen.My prayers go out to all that have been affected by this type of violence.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just a couple of weeks ago we had a double homicide in a school just under two miles from where I work. Pissed off boy friend went into the elementary school and shot his girl friend and another teacher dead. Only up side was school was not yet in session so no kids were present. While the manhunt for this _astard went on we locked down our building. Two us in the building who choose to exercise our 2nd amendment rights (no company policy against such action) quietly armed ourselves just in case. At the time the radio reports had the gunman or at least a BOLO on a vehicle of interest within a few blocks of our building (a warehouse in an industrial park). Pretty sad when even here in VT we can have these events affect us. BTW guy was caught had an extensive criminal record in Mass for drug and domesic violence so he shouldn't have been on the street in the first place IMHO.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

a man entered a school south of where i live on tuesday with a "weapon" he didn't harm anyone but fled the scene, they caught him on camera but haven't found him or press released what kind of weapon he had. they cancled school for the rest of the day.
HenryJ wrote:If you could kill a kid with it, you might consider a different occupation, Please.
I don't want to come off with any disrespect to you HJ
Push comes to shove, and someone threatens my life or any of my family/friends life i won't hesitate to act. Man, Woman, or Kid it doesn't matter...if they're willing to take your life, you have to be willing to respond. Life isn't a video game like some kids want to think, there's no reset button to push when things go wrong. I totally agree that in most of these cases their wasn't proper parental supervision/control. Myself and all my friends have grown up with ample access to guns and ammo in our houses, but it was the respect we were taught for the guns, and the potentially life ended consequences of using that gun made obvious to us, that i think is lacking in these cases.

after the Columbine shooting a journalist was interviewing Maryln Manson and continually pushing the issue that his music made these students do this. the last question she asked him was, after an assault of accusational questions, "what would you have told these boys that might have changed this?"
his response "I wouldn't have said anything......they've been told what they're doing wrong enough....instead I would have listened" and left the reported speechless. now i don't neccassarily care for the guy, but there is some truth behind what he said. sometimes these shootings are acts to gain attention from a society that they feel have rejected and scrutinized them.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bwenny247 wrote:
HenryJ wrote:If you could kill a kid with it, you might consider a different occupation, Please.
I don't want to come off with any disrespect to you HJ
Push comes to shove, and someone threatens my life or any of my family/friends life i won't hesitate to act...
The only guns in schools need to be in the hands of law enforcement. Teachers should not have guns, just as the students should not.

In a perfect world there would be no guns whatsoever in schools. The risk of a bystander being injured is just not worth it.

Law enforcement officers are trained in use of their weapons and protecting the public. That is their full time job. That is the only way to be proficient to the point of instinctive reaction.

If you are worried about being shot in school I would rather you wore body armor than "pack heat" at my childs school.

Don't get me wrong here. I will defend myself and others. I will first look to avoid or diffuse the situation.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Yea, that's not going to pass. And if it did, it wouldn't be long before a teacher gets jumped and someone takes their gun and starts shooting up the place. That's just giving students more access to weapons. Not a good idea in my opinion. A smarter choice would be placing a police officer at the school's entrance.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I agree 100%