Spring has sprung...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Spring has sprung...

Post by HenryJ »

Finally got a chance and some nice weather...

can you guess what we did today? ;)

Boy I'm glad the classes are over :D I can have a life again!

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

nice boat.. I was gonna buy one but it didn't float :!: it ran nice.. Anyways no boat for me till I can afford a really nice one.. she looks good. where is this lake you are at..? sorry I couldnt make it out there on saturday either.. I will for sure make it this coming sat. guranteed or your money back... :wink:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

2bunik wrote:nice boat.. I was gonna buy one but it didn't float :!: it ran nice.. Anyways no boat for me till I can afford a really nice one.. she looks good. where is this lake you are at..? sorry I couldnt make it out there on saturday either.. I will for sure make it this coming sat. guranteed or your money back... :wink:
Thanks , it is and older boat, '89 Bayliner, but works pretty well for our family :D
That is Lake Owyhee. 53 lineal miles and 750,000 acre feet of water when full to capacity. Lots of room for everyone!
The water was all like glass today :thumb:

No worries about missing you Saturday, no money involved and it is your loss ;)
They are here when you get time :D

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

used to have the same boat i think. 89 gator which is bayliner. i think it was 16' walk thru with 115 johnson on the back
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Another day on the lake-

Image Image Image

The new starter works great. No problems this trip.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

That looks like a nice lake, and the background scenery is amazing. :thumb: Me and my wife both love exploring cool geological features like that. :D I guess I will have to add Lake Owyhee to my list of places to see along with Crater Lake. :D

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We'd be more than happy to show you around :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

You've got to love when the water is like glass. Do you ski or anything Brule? I'm heading up to Maine on thursday for 10 days of skiing, wakeboarding, fishing, tubing, and just general not-working. Can't wait!
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jigg wrote:...Do you ski or anything Brule? I'm heading up to Maine on thursday for 10 days of skiing, wakeboarding, fishing, tubing, and just general not-working.
Mostly knee boarding, tubing and fishing.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A trip to Lake Owyhee. Today the fishing was terrible, but the swimming and hiking was great.

I had a chance to play with the Landscape and Macro modes on my Pentax W20.
This arch is on the north side of the river on the road to the dam.

We beached at a little cove with some nice rocks for climbing , as well as water to swim and wade in.

Image Image

This Spider is on a yellow flower that is less than ½ inch in diameter.

It was playing tag with a tiny fly. I did not catch the fly , nor did the spider. I did not see the other bug / aphid hiding, or perhaps already caught on the back side until I looked at this photo.

The crawfish claw is about an inch long.

The Cockle burr is about ½ long.

That piece of quartz must have been a pocket in a soft rock that accumulated water. It pooled on the flat surface. The interior of this tiny cave created tiny stalagmites and stalactites.

It reached 103° out there today. First day of the year above 100°. We all got sun burned, but did enjoy ourselves.
This has to be the first day out that I have taken photos and none of the truck :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Absolutely awesome photos and landscape!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Waterproof Optio W60 Shoots Deeper And At Colder Temps

Take your PENTAX Optio W60 to new extremes. With 10 megapixels and a 5X internal zoom, this waterproof Optio shoots deeper, wider and at colder temps.
A new design allows the Optio W60 to operate up to 13 feet underwater for two hours and at extreme temperatures well below freezing.
Perfect for photography in adventurous settings, the Optio W60 captures a wide variety of scenes including expansive landscapes, architecture,
and group photos in confined spaces as well as close-up telephoto shots.
Available in Ocean Blue or Silver, the Optio W60 also feature High-Quality Movie mode, Face Recognition, Smile Capture, and Blink Detection.

*10 Megapixels for large, detailed images.
*5X optical zoom in a slim 1 inch body is equivalent to 28-140mm.
*Wide angle 28mm zoom lens ideal for landscape, indoor, or group photos.
*Waterproof to 4m (13 feet) protects from rain and spills, as well as allowing underwater photos and video.
*2.5 inch IPS (In Plane Switching) LCD monitor with Anti-Reflective coating is viewable at wide angles, even in bright sunlight.
*Coldproof for use in extreme, sub-zero temperatures.
*HD movie capture to vividly capture moving memories in widescreen 720p.
*Advanced Face Recognition technology sees up to 32 faces in 0.03 seconds, with Smile Capture and Blink Detection.
*PENTAX Shake Reduction system automatically sets ISO up to a high 6400 to prevent subject blur. Movie Shake Reduction also available.
*Close focusing, Super Macro mode brings out the details in even the smallest subjects as close as 1 cm.

I have the Optio W20. It has been great. Not having to worry about dirt, mud , salt etc. is priceless. Great pictures and video.

I bought the Optio W30 for the fire department. It has been in the pocket of a firefighters turnouts for a year and a half now. Awesome tool! No external moving parts. Military spec dust and water protection. Battery life is very good. We have been every bit as happy with it as I am with mine. Ever new model gets just a little better.

My Fire Chief just bought the Optio W60 for his wire. Price was $212

Pentax is known for good optics. That is a nice thing about buying a camera from a camera builder. They have perfected their optics. No cheap junk. I have my mothers old Pentax from the sixties around here some where. It has stood the test of time. I hope these will as well.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Good choice! I brought home a 35 MM SLR Prentax in 70 and my son used it in college . I just bought my wife a new Canon, I used one for work many yrs in the 35 MM format.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I still have a K1000, and a ME Super bypentex as well as a point and shoot Cannon film camera as well as a Canon powershot A85 digital. No problems with any of them. I have recieved many compliments on some of my pictures from the 35mm days taken with the K1000. Pentex optics IMO are some of the best made.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]