I have gone to the dark side...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

I have gone to the dark side...

Post by AZS10Crew »

No...not Ford. I got one of these Friday...

Couldn't pass up the deal. It's a 2004, local trade-in at the Ford dealership I work at. Only 15K miles, 2-tone leather interior, 4x4, 6-disc changer, etc. Oh yeah...it's got a Hemi too. :mrgreen:

And before all you vultures start circling with parts requests, the only things I'll be selling off the S-10 are the Rockcrawler rims with 31x10.5" MT/R's and maybe the prerunner bar. That's all...so don't ask for any other parts. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

very nice truck , don't feel as if you are going to the "dark side" , you have every right since GM isn't offering much these days .
Are you getting rid of those "bling bling" rims ? or is this going to be a street truck ?
with 4x4 i sure hope not .
Congrats - I can only dream .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Part of the deal with "the boss" was that I wouldn't lift it. And I probably won't. The last thing I need to do all winter long is get a ladder out every morning to scrape the windows on a truck that's 7' tall. Besides, it's nice having something that rides smooth and quiet again. Maybe I'm just getting old. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I believe you can put a 35" tire under there with no lift . And it may not increase the overall hieght of the truck either , since that is a 20" rim on there now .
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

OMG, Mark :!: When I found this site, I think I PMed you a question and you directed me to a link with pics and mods done to your truck. I made my wife suffer through the photos and stated that your truck was where I wanted to go with mine. This 'tis a dark day for me. Try to visit here once and awhile. Your knowledge has been deeply appreciated!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Hope you don't try to haul many adults in the back seat, there's not a whole lot of leg room if you have the seat pushed back any at all. The
WV Div of Highways purchased some 2006 Dodge crew?cabs, and we've spent about 3 months trying to figure how to get 5 adults in one of these. The only way we've found is to have midgets do the driving.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

i am not supprised to see more and more S10's (including CC's ) going up for sale . Alot of them are nearing that "window" of trading in value , that if you pass ( as I did ) there is no turning back on longterm owner ship . I plan on just keeping mine for a camping/offroad epedition vehicle and purchasing a new car for a DD .
He obviously went the other route , good for him and good for us too , maybe if GM gets there butts kick in sales they will wake up and make something fresh and new for us .
That still is a fine looking truck , even if it might only get 12MPG .
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

one things for sure, that hemi's got a lot more power than our vortec! congrats on the new ride. Is it too early to call dibs on parts? haha, only kidding.
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

rlrnr53 wrote:Hope you don't try to haul many adults in the back seat, there's not a whole lot of leg room if you have the seat pushed back any at all. The
WV Div of Highways purchased some 2006 Dodge crew?cabs, and we've spent about 3 months trying to figure how to get 5 adults in one of these. The only way we've found is to have midgets do the driving.
Just myself and the wife for now. Maybe some young 'uns before too long, but they'll fit OK I think. :)
[size=75]Mark
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That move to Indiana has not been good to you ;) First a "D" , and now thoughts of family life :!:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

This one had a HEMI in it too.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

border man wrote:This one had a HEMI in it too...
So, I guess a transmission temperature gauge and cooler would be a good first mod? :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Nice truck Mark :thumb: A guy at work has one and he has a 6 inch lift with 37's, that thing makes my truck look small :shock: I would hate to climb in and out of his truck every day, I don't blame you for not wanting to lift it but then again I'm getting to be a old man :?
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

nice mark, are you gonna hit some trails with it? :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:nice mark, are you gonna hit some trails with it? :lol:
Not likely. :)
[size=75]Mark