Have you seen this G-tech Pro

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Have you seen this G-tech Pro

Post by bwenny247 »

i was watching the speed channel and saw an ad for this G-tech Pro computer that plugs into your cigarette lighter.
it reads:
Horsepower
Torque
60 ft time
1/8 mile and 1/4 mile
0-60 and 0-100 MPH
RPM and shiftlights
Handling G's
Records up to 30 Runs

all for $199, this seams like one of those "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" scenarios.
what do you all think?

www.gtechpro.com
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I know just enough to not know if it is a hoax. In today's world it may very well be valid. Am sure they used the term "12V power outlet" or "cigar lighter" and not cigarette lighter outlet.

When I had my alternator, starter and battery checked at advance auto, they had me plug in a thing in my 12V power outlet but, I think that was merely to save my clock settings.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The G-Tech performance meters are very cool and very accurate. Most of the car magazines like Car & Driver use these to determine estimated 1/4 times, forward and lateral g force, braking distance, hp, torque, etc. Their SS model is much nicer and allows you to record over 1 hour of data and play it back on your PC. :D

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I have heard mixed results can occur .
Basically I think the technology has something to do with inertia and other scienctific stuff . I don't know for sure . But I have heard bad reviews .
That could be because the users didn't set it up correct though .
It would be interesting to hear from people who run the 1/4 mile and then compare actuall track times to the G TECH times . and the DYNO results with G TECH results .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]