Sad day my son is getting rid of his S-10

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Sad day my son is getting rid of his S-10

Post by Jim »

After three years he's tired of the 2.slow and wants a car.
We bought this yesterday
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT
Image[/url]
Next week his truck will be for sale.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Oh, I work at a VW dealer as a tech!! Let me know if you guys need some help.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Hey Jim, look on the bright side. Those Jetta's can haul a much heavier load than an S-10 ever could.

This one's carrying 1000+ pounds of lumber, and 800 pounds worth of cement bags in the back seat/trunk. :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

:shock: OMG!!! That pic is TOOO funny! :roflmao: The sad part about it is that I know there are actually idiots out there that do this stupid sort of thing! :!:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Hey wamason, think he needs addaleaf springs :lol:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

snocat1 wrote:Hey wamason, think he needs addaleaf springs :lol:
They wouldn't help :lol:

I remember several years ago reading the real story behind this car. It's hard to tell, but both rear tires have popped, and the rear shocks have been driven up through the floorboard and into the trunk. Also, if you'll notice, the engine is still running, and there is someone apparently sleeping in the passenger seat. :lol: The manager of the local building supply store said he actually had an attorney come out to draw up papers to absolving them from any liability to protect his business because the people were insistent that they wanted to haul everything on their car. :lol:
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It looks alot like something that the natives of SE KY would try but, I know it is wrong. It would involve working and they wouldn't be involved in anything like that around here :lol: if
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Sad day my son is getting rid of his S-10

Post by barch97 »

Jim wrote:After three years he's tired of...
THREE YEARS??? it seems like just last week you were posting about looking to buy that truck for jr. time sure flies around here.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:It looks alot like something that the natives of SE KY would try but, I know it is wrong. It would involve working and they wouldn't be involved in anything like that around here :lol: if
Not to mention no one in SE KY would be caught dead in a "furrin" car. :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:
f9k9 wrote:It looks alot like something that the natives of SE KY would try but, I know it is wrong. It would involve working and they wouldn't be involved in anything like that around here :lol: if
Not to mention no one in SE KY would be caught dead in a "furrin" car. :lol:
Beau coup wannabe ricers here. So far they are only into large chrome mufflers melting their unpainted ground effects and large wings that the Wright brothers would have enviedImage
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

SONOMA915 wrote:Oh, I work at a VW dealer as a tech!! Let me know if you guys need some help.
Not a bad car...I got stuck with it needing rear brakes(Rotors and pad maybe calipers) hoping the ABS light goes out with the new rotors, and a intermediate muffler. otherwise not bad :)

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I have owned a jetta ,there fun little cars to drive
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

jeff024 wrote:I have owned a jetta ,there fun little cars to drive
And they handle really well under 1000+ pounds of load :lol:

But seriously, I agree. I've driven several and have liked them.
--Walt