visited the dealership today...not 100% sure on everything

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

visited the dealership today...not 100% sure on everything

Post by purduecrew »

Well, took the "new to me" CC in today to have the following looked at:

Thin paint on drivers door and front fender in the body line crease that goes down the center of the door and over the wheel well. Told me that the panels were obviously factory original but paint is only 36/36000, so i was like ok, but i still dont know why i can see the gray primer underneath, thats kind of sad.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/ ... 0_1208.jpg

second, pointed out the failing paint on the hood...same thing as paint on fenders...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/ ... 0_1211.jpg

third they told me the oil cooler lines are leaking, no surprise really. what kind of price should this cost me to get fixed???

and lastly, went in to have the exhaust system checked under warranty, because I am getting really sad mileage, and the truck is bone stock. It does have new fuel filter, air filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and ran some good system cleaner through it. I also cleaned all the snot out of the TB, and thats about it. They didnt seem to think anything was wrong with the emissions equipment.

any imput on any part of this?? truck is an 03, with 75000 miles
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

what kinda mpg are you getting?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

well i was getting around 14-15 on the interstate, at 75 mph avg, with stock size tires and 3.42's
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

that doesn't sound terribly out of line with the typical mpg.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

that 2nd picture you posted , Ihave the exact same thing on my hood of my blazer .
But your milleage seems to be about the norm . maybe a little worse , but no more than 1-2mpg at most .
The 4.3L engines are not known to be the best on gas . Especially if you are comparing them to a Import V6 .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I thought the paint was coverd for longer than that. :shrug:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: visited the dealership today...not 100% sure on everythi

Post by killian96ss »

purduecrew wrote:they told me the oil cooler lines are leaking, no surprise really. what kind of price should this cost me to get fixed???
Try to determine where the oil cooler lines are leaking. You might just need some new o-rings instead of the cooling lines.
I am getting really sad mileage, and the truck is bone stock.
14-15 mpg is not horrible, but not great either. My average mileage with 3.73 gears and the mods I have listed below is 17-18 mpg. My best was 21 mpg, but that was on a long highway trip with the cruise set at 75 mph. I think a lot of people here assume that CC's with 3.42 gears get better gas mileage. I do not believe this is entirely true. A truck with 3.73 gears will get better city mileage because the lower gear ratio helps get the truck moving easier that a set of 3.42 gears and will use less gas as a result, however 3.42 gears should get better highway mileage because the rpms are lower and will use less gas than 3.73's. :wink:

Steve
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

i think the best i ever squeeeezed out was around 18 on the freeway. 75 MPH and 3.42's bone stock.
it all depeneds on hills, drafting, head winds, side winds, tail winds, speed varience, passing etc etc etc

might try a tonneau cover for aerodynamic purposes
i believe the stock numbers where something like 15 MPG city 20 MPG highway :shrug:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bwenny247 wrote:...i believe the stock numbers where something like 15 MPG city 20 MPG highway :shrug:
My window sticker says 15 city 18 highway.
I have been consistently in that range. Worst 14 best 23 , but that was before correcting the speedometer that was off 3 mph as delivered.
With a corrected speedometer my best was just over 20 mpg after making the switch to 33's.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

what kills the mileage is acceleration (which is terrible) when the truck goes 'gear hunting'
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

ya thats what ive been hearing on this mileage, it just seems that is goes by as fast as the 69 cutlass that has 120 more cubic inches, and makes twice as much power.... and ya the paint he said was 36/36,000. he said rust through is 100,000 miles.
[size=75]2003 Black CC