Another one bites the dust

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Another one bites the dust

Post by Pauleo »

Well boys, (and girls as the case may be) we lost another crew cabber today. Me! I took my truck in for service for my ongoing thump-clunk noise and they told me they wouldn't cover it. Said that it was the torsion bars and the wrong sized shocks. They noticed that I cranked the T bars and have after market shocks. They wouldn't touch it!!! I got really ticked off & fed up with the stupid truck! I went out front to the showroom & bought a Silverado 1500 crew cab Z71!!!

Now, I know that I said that I would never buy a Chevy again. I really wanted a Nissan Titan. But after a little research, I found out that they are having some serious problems with their braking system. I wanted no part of that! I really don't like the looks of the Toyotas and a Ford or a Dodge was just outta the question! So I stuck my foot in my mouth and went Chevy. Besides, I got a deal that Nissan could never beat. My NEW rig stickered at $38,000 & I bought it for $26,500! I think it was an incredible deal!!!

I know that I have been a GM basher here lately. And I still think that they are headed for big financial trouble. I just caught the right deal at the right time for me.

I would feel like I was missing something if I didn't check in on this board at least once a day so I'll probably hang out here still. You guys would miss me too much if I up & left! LOL!

Oh yeah. The new rig is none other than Victory Red by the way! LOL!!!!!!!!!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I wonder what percentage of the sale went to the service department for placing you in that mental state. I sincerely hope you are happy :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I just hope you didnt give them your chrome wheels and any other mods that could be sold here
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

That'll teach 'em... refuse to honor his GM warranty and he'll just buy a new truck from you :roll:

Good Luck with the new one, Pauleo
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sad to hear it is gone. Another one gone fullsized. Enjoy more red :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I have been going back and forth about buying a NEW vehicle for a couple months, actually. I have never owned a new one. Always used. See, I have a real "disorder" of some kind. :!: I never keep a vehicle very long. I always find one way or another to get out of it.

As far as this goes:
Barch wrote:That'll teach 'em... refuse to honor his GM warranty and he'll just buy a new truck from you
Well, I HAVE said in previous posts that I love this dealership. I buy all my vehicles there, I buy all of the company's delivery vehicles there, they always help me out at a moments notice if I get backed up on deliveries by lending me a rental or even a used vehicle from their lot! On top of that, the dealership is one of my shop's best customers, the owner has a personal account with us and half the staff buys from me too. My trouble has ALWAYS been with the service dept.

And I had an extended warranty on the S-10. Not a GM warranty. If I went someplace else to get my truck fixed, I would have to pay a deductable. I know, I know. I could have went someplace else and just paid the piper in exchange for better service. I just didn't want to drive 30 miles to get my truck worked on.

So NOW I have a GM warranty. I'm not limited to just this particular dealership. And I might just drive that 30 miles for service now that I won't be penalized for it.
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

jeff024 wrote:I just hope you didnt give them your chrome wheels and any other mods that could be sold here
Nope. I had taken my chrome wheels off for the winter and got real lucky and sold them right after I bought the new truck. :D As for the other stuff, I don't think I would have gotten enough for any of it to justify my time selling it and hunting for the right sized boxes. Not to mention taking room in my garage waiting for things to sell.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

This is a greek tragedy :(

The techs at my local dealership will usually work things out to be covered by my non-oem extended warranty.

My warranty wouldn't cover replacing my fuel level sensor, so they just ordered an entirelly new pump assembly with the level sensor built in :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

sorry to hear that pauleo :(

glad you kept it in the GM family though, good luck with the new truck in the new year.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]