Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

2007 Tahoe

2006 Trailblazer 395hp 400ft. lb. torque
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I like them both!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I wish they would offer something to replace the ZR2 ! , the colorado/canyon were a disaster , and they did away with the Blazer - and put the Trail Blazer in its place ( which i believe has a IRS/IFS ) , but the Tahoe looks good , needs a chrome grill though , and the 395hp/400lbfit Trail Blazer is good looking but i think it is a waste of good engines !, if you want to have 395hp engines , than put it in a Camaro please :D , GM is just tryin to compete with the Porche Cayenne and the like .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You should have added the caption with the photos IF GM sees the year 2007 :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

ha ha ha very true ^^^ I see myself looking to buy a Japanese Truck because of the lack of product coming from GM
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Sorry, but to me the tahoe looks too much like a minivan for my tastes
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: 2007

Post by Walt »

This....
jeff024 wrote:Image
2007 Tahoe
reminds me to much of this....
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I was reading an article about the `07 Tahoe and it said that the big differences in it versus the current ones are in the interior and things that you cannot see. The article didn't keep my attention so I don't remember what exactly those improvements were. .... Uh, ...... well, ...... maybe I better just call them changes. :lol:

I just think that GM is fighting a losing battle. They have some serious ground to make up if they want to compete with the likes of Toyota and Nissan. Look out! Now Honda is on the scene with their new Ridgeline. It may not be all that great right now, but I would say that they made a pretty strong introduction into that market. Look for stronger products coming from Honda in this segment.

:cry:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

some of you internet gurus check into this, but GM now has a V6 duramax, set to make its debut in the 07 Tahoe, i dont remember where i read that, maybe truckin, im at work right now but i will try to find that magazine and give some good references, V-6 duramax, huummm, i wonder what other platforms that could be found, more to come!!!!!
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

"In a final hint of the future, GM had a truck to show off the possibility of using a urea solution to reduce NOx on diesel engines. Inquisitive journalists sneaked a peek under the hood and found a 4.9-liter Isuzu-built diesel engine that had all the earmarks of a V6 Duramax. We can only wish."

GM and Izuzu are buddy-buddy... You never know when that engine just may appear??? It sure would be nice though!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

As quoted from http://4wheeloffroad.com/web/blog/

He also spied a sneak peak of a light duty 3/4-ton with a 4.9L Duramax V6 backed by a 4L80E. No word on when we might see this engine in production - but now we know it exists.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

From what I understood the Duramax's are Isuzu-built engines already.

I've heard rumor that the big 3 are also designing some smaller diesels and TDI-style engines for passenger sedans.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

maybe they can stuff a better engine in the colorado/canyon , GM has the engines , but just doesn't want to put them in the right platforms .
If gm made the colorado with a better engine , and a new 4wd system I would have one in my driveway today . But on the flip side , the selling price for the colorado/canyon is $10000 ~ canadian dollars cheaper than a Tacoma , but GM doesn't realize that we would pay for a GM made Tacoma Competitor ! .
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Jeep puts an inline 4 Diesel in the Liberty why not midsized pickups
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Jeeps diesel motor is a Mercedes diesel. I almost got Liberty CRD, but I think they need some more field testing / time to work out the kinks.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

in my opinion, GM is loosing their off-road reputation in the SUV area...

SUVs have turned into the 'new minivan' and away from their off-road roots

K5 Blazer > S-10 Blazer > Trailblazer ???
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

At least GM hasn't put independent rear susp. on their SUV's like Ford has. Well...they haven't YET anyway. :roll:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Have you guys seen what GM's Holden offers? Some are ugly, and some are unique. They seem to have a lot of "El Camino" styles. They do have a Crew Cab 4x4 that's available with a 3.5L 6 cylinder or a 3.0L turbo diesel. GM Holden Rodeo Check out their other cars and truck too. Holden Vehicles

Image Image Image

Steve
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

4-door El Camino? Interesting...
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I like it and they all seem to have this style bed cover

sorta reminds me of the Frontier
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

AZS10Crew wrote:4-door El Camino? Interesting...
I wonder how these unique styles would do in th USA?

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

This one is a bit different also. :shock:

One thing I do like about Holden vehicles is that most of them are available with the LS1, LS2 V8's. I wish more of GM's USA vehicles had that option. :roll:

Steve
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I think most all of them are RWD also.

I doubt the Ute and Crewman would do well in our Full-size pickup/SUV society. Try counting the number of Subara Baja's you see on the road. :?

I wish more GM's had the V8 also, but I bet the CAFE (Corp Avg Fuel Econ) rules force them to have cars with 4-bangers and V-6's to offset their huge SUV and truck production.
[size=75]Mark
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

The new Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS have a 303hp 5.3 liter V8 and 28mpg highway rating.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

adrenalnjunky wrote:The new Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS have a 303hp 5.3 liter V8 and 28mpg highway rating.
True, but they are both FWD. :puke: The mileage rating is good, but only because they are using DOD (displacement on demand) technology. My nearly 10 year old SS had a factory rating of 18/26 city/highway mileage. I believe the new 5.3L V8 is all cast iron as well. Chevy has good engines (LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7), but they are not putting them in the right cars, and they need to do away with all that FWD crap. The new Impala SS looks like a Honda Accord to me. :lol: They are only designing them this way to compete with Honda and Toyota. :roll:

Steve
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

I don't really care for the Colorado but this really got my attention.
From the latest Sport Truck magazine.
Would be nice if they put this into production. I really like the looks of this truck.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The Colorado would be ok if it at least had a V6 or even a small V8. 8) I'm not all that impressed with the I5. There are rumors though that GM is listening to all the complaints about the I5, and they should have a V6 option on the 07's. :D The Colorado is also available in the Extreme version just like the S10's were.

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I just dont understand why not compete with Dodge and drop a V8 in them
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jeff024 wrote:I just dont understand why not compete with Dodge and drop a V8 in them
Exactly! :thumb: GM has the engines, so why not do it? It is their own fault for losing customers to Dodge, Ford, and Toyota. If they want to stay in business they need to start listening to what people want, instead of what they think people want. :!:

Steve
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

That SS Colorado actually has the LS2 5.7L in it.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Here's a pic of the engine compartment
And it actually has a functional cowl induction hood just like the 70 chevelle. GM always likes to tease us, like here's what we could build but we won't.
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

exactly right , GM does tease , they have all the components to make a bunch of nice/fast reliable RWD mid price sports cars and If they would rethink there 4wd and suspension AND engine choices for there SUV and SMALL PICKUP line , they could easily compete with TOYOTA TACOMA's , and still sell them cheaper too .
I just don't know what there thinking ! .
Even if GM puts a V6 in the 07 Colorado/canyon's I still have doubts about quality of there suspension and trannies . I would like to see a HIGH out put I4 (200hp+) and a V6 (280hp+) , not based on the 4.3 though .
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

:shock: A 400 hp Colorado! 8) I hate it when GM shows us cool stuff like this and then the production version comes out with a tiny I5. :roll: Remember the H3T Hummer Concept? It still had the I5, but at least it was turbocharged and had over 300 hp. Another thing I don't get is why is GM putting transverse mounted 303 hp V8's in FWD cars? The torque steer in those cars must really suck. When will they finally get it right again? :roll:

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

That looks good , except for the bar on the front
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I believe most of the GM V8's are the same block, just different stroke, intake manifold, etc. I've always heard that you could put the intake manifold from the 5.3 trucks onto an LS1, and vice versa, or the 6.0 intake on a 5.3, swap the cranks, etc., etc. I may be wrong about the cranks, but I know the manifolds are interchangable. Not sure of the gains you'll get from that swap though.

As for the DOD...I'm not impressed. Like killian said, the V8's in the GM cars of the past always got good mileage. My 99 Z28 would get 30 on trips, and 20-23 in city driving with bi-weekly trips to the 1/4 mile track. I was expecting big mileage gains from DOD, but it's only adding about 1-2 mpg...not worth it in my mind. A waste of good R&D time. :!:
[size=75]Mark