Ordered my Hi Lift yesterday

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Ordered my Hi Lift yesterday

Post by Walt »

Well, after much debate, I decided to get a Hi Lift jack.

So I surfed on over to summit and picked up a few things :D

Got the 48" all Casting Jack, the Loc Rac (to mount to the back of my toolbox), the Bumper Lift thingie, and a jack case.

I also got something called a "SuperStrap" from OK4wd.com. I didn't really care to carry around chain, so this is an excellent alternative.

http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=570

I've read several articles on using a Hi Lift for various purposes. Seems like a great "jack of all trades" tool.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Ok - Know next to nothing about the Hi Lift Jack accessories - but "bumper lift thingie" - if that is anything like what it sounds like it is - I would advise against trying to support a bodylifted truck by a bumper if you have done the PA bumper lift to line your bumpers back up.

Especially the front bumper - the PA lift makes the front bumper next to useless for taking stress.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If anyone else is thinking of getting a Hi-Lift cover, I highly recommend this POUCH. American made and $30.delivered to your door.

Extremely heavy duty :D

I love mine :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Ok - Know next to nothing about the Hi Lift Jack accessories - but "bumper lift thingie" - if that is anything like what it sounds like it is - I would advise against trying to support a bodylifted truck by a bumper if you have done the PA bumper lift to line your bumpers back up.

Especially the front bumper - the PA lift makes the front bumper next to useless for taking stress.
The only reason I got that was for extreme cases, or for use on another vehicle. I have a hitch in the back, and a push bar in the front to lift from :D
--Walt
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

where are your mounting points if you dont have sliders?

also, i hate highlifts. keep it oiled. they like to drop the whole load at once if you dont. everything dangerous that happens on a trail involved a highlift :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've tested the hi lift with my nerf bars, and they don't flx at all when jacking. No deforming either. I always wondered why they weighed like 60 pounds each :lol: :lol:

I have a floor jack in my toolbox for changing tires and such, so the hi lift will only be used for offroad situations like when get stuck :D Which seems to happen more than I want it to. :lol:

F9K9, I may be getting that cover you're advertising :D I didn't realize until I received it how crappy the HL cover is :x
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

wamason wrote: F9K9, I may be getting that cover you're advertising :D I didn't realize until I received it how crappy the HL cover is :x
Apologize if it sounded like advertising :D

I was merely endorsing it because I was really impressed with it. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it short of buying a safari basket at this time. 8)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:
wamason wrote: F9K9, I may be getting that cover you're advertising :D I didn't realize until I received it how crappy the HL cover is :x
Apologize if it sounded like advertising :D

I was merely endorsing it because I was really impressed with it. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it short of buying a safari basket at this time. 8)
No prob. I'm glad you did post about it.

As for mounting, the Hi Lift Loc Rac might work with it. It clamps over the jack, and has a hook that goes into the base of the jack.

I'm mounting mine to the back of my toolbox. It could also be mounted to the back wall of your truck bed.
--Walt
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Get a John Deere!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]