i got media coverage!!!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

i got media coverage!!!

Post by a2b »

okay its not big but its really cool to me

http://www.off-road.com/rock/2005calrocs/may05/

they put me in their article about how i rolled my buggy on its lid then i got out and me and spotter pushed the buggy over and crossed the finish line. it was really cool when it happened, the whole crowd cheered and stuff and now i am on that website. anyways, just thought i would share. :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HA!

Any press is good press, right? :thumb:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Every thing has to start somewhere.......congrats :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

SWEET! :rock:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

:rock:
where do we get autographs???? :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

thanks. i am really stoaked about the class. everything is going well. for those of you that dont know.

me a 4 other guys are trying to launch this class nationally. so far so good. we have had good press so far and i am trying to arrange sponsors for the class.

here's the concept of the class:

run the same everything.
its a spec class.
you do not have to throw money at it to win
there is no pay out therefore it only cost 50 bucks to compete vs 300+
its supposed to be low dollar builds compared to the other classes

right now we have about 50 buggies built or being built. and there are more coming.

i am trying to setup sponsors for payouts. contigency programs. right now we have 100 dollars coming from marlincrawler.com to the winner. prp is giving 200 to the winner. i am working on more and trying to get 1st thru 3rd paid a little.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

Hobbie,

I was out there Saturday and Sunday watching the event. Camped out there with my son and a couple other friends. One of the guys in our group was the one that gave the spare fuses to the driver that rolled several times. I saw you roll it down that rock face and onto the lid! Must of been a wild ride......!

Dustins Red Bull rig was pretty exotic. Incredible what those things will go over. The funniest part was watching the "Recovery" guy with the International Scout try to get into position to winch out that one rig that rolled down the hill in the speed event. He got up on that rock formation, could not get into a good position (shouldn't have gone up there in the first place), then couldn't back off the way he went up so he goes off down the back side, almost rolled it twice, popped the bead on his front tire, and then was in the way of the other racers while he changed the tire out.... and he never did help the guy out . Someone else drove up and winched the original driver back onto his wheels. I am sure he was frustrated, but it sure was comical to watch ... :lol:

It was a great time and I will look for you the next time. It is only about an hours drive from my home to get out to Lucerne.

Did you see the two rattle snakes the found in the spectators area prior to the event?..... :shock:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

dave!! you were out there!!! did you not know that was me??? you should come say hi next time!....

i have some pics of the big snake and what not. i will post them up when i get a chance...
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Those are some seriously awesome pics! :schwing:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Hey Hobie

Why don't you let us know next time you go rock crawling up in Lucerne Valley or somewhere else near by, would love to go watch you. I live directly on the other side of the mountains from Lucerne Valley. It's about an hour drive from my house if I go around the mountains up through Cajon Pass. In fact my wife used to live in Apple Valley, right next door to Lucerne. I used to do a route up there and that's where I met her. I'm suprised you guys didn't run into more snakes, that's snake country and it's snake season right now. Was that a mojave green that they caught up there? That's mostly what's up there in the high desert. They are one of the most deadly rattle snakes in the world. When I was about 18 a friend of mine got bit in the arm by a mojave and survived, to this day he is known as mojave Jim, by the way those are some really cool pictures.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

Good pics Hobie,
In the second and third pics, that is me in the center of the picture, sitting down on the rocks above your rig, with the big hat on, next to the guy standing in the orange shirt!

Steve 2003,
I live in Highland as well! I have not seen your truck around town ,and GM repurchased my crewcab truck about 6 momths ago. I drive a new Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 now......We should meet up some time! My yahoo address is DRBY2k@Yahoo.com
Any warranty issues with your truck?

I will also be going to the next rock crawling event.........
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Pauleo wrote:Those are some seriously awesome pics! :schwing:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Steve2003 wrote:Hey Hobie

Why don't you let us know next time you go rock crawling up in Lucerne Valley or somewhere else near by, would love to go watch youeve
steve, cool. i didnt know you lived that close. the next comp wont be for a while.

our schedule isnt in stone but we are probably going to run a pro rock event around sept. out at the buttes again. then our other comp will be up north

they caught 3 snakes that weekend but i dont know what type they were. i hate snakes!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Socaldave wrote:Good pics Hobie,
In the second and third pics, that is me in the center of the picture, sitting down on the rocks above your rig, with the big hat on, next to the guy standing in the orange shirt!
I will also be going to the next rock crawling event.........
cool. i will be looking foward to saying hi in the next event. nice hat!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

SoCalDave wrote:I live in Highland as well! I have not seen your truck around town
I have lived in Highland for about 18 years now. I also got my truck at Tom Bell. Do you ever do any wheeling in your truck? Do you snow ski? The reason you probably don't see my truck around town is all I do is go to work and back Mon-Fri about 13 hours a day! The company I work for is in Mira Loma. As far as seeing my truck anywhere else it would be at Stater Bros on Palm/Highland on Saturday mornings doing grocery shopping. Other than that you might see a cute blonde driving my truck around town, that'd be my wife, she likes to take off with it now that I have done all the mods!

SoCalDave wrote:Any warranty issues with your truck?
I have been really fortunate with my truck. The only warranty issues I have had is the third brake light leaking water when I washed my truck, my battery went bad and a vent on my dash board warped. They replaced them all no problem. Other than that all's good.

Steve
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Socaldave wrote:GM repurchased my crewcab
I came across your profile awhile back and had read about what was going on with your truck. I knew you had to be near by seeing as how you got your truck at Tom Bell. That's too bad what happened with your truck. I had an 87 S10 4 wd extended cab and just loved it, so I went looking at Tom Bell for a new one. That's when I ran into the CC and couldn't take my eye's off of it. I went back three times before I bought it. I walked out of there with a pretty sweet deal. Maybe we can hook up sometime. Here's my email address Steve_Marsha@sbcglobal.net

Steve