SPEED

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SPEED

Post by Steve2003 »

HJ wrote:"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"
Thats a fact! I'm finding that out real fast! Is there anyway you guys can talk my wife into letting me get new gears and a supercharger. :lol:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

good luck!!!! :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Rusty

Re: SPEED

Post by Rusty »

Steve2003 wrote:Is there anyway you guys can talk my wife into letting me get new gears and a supercharger. :lol:
I can't talk my wife into stuff like that! I doubt I would be much help convincing your wife. :?

Heck, now that I have my Crewcab back, she can't see spending a dime on my Blazer! :x
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you have the 3.42 gears it wouldn't take much to talk some sense and get the Ok, to go to 4.10's

The Supercharger is a nice toy, but not very practical. It is a big heat pump with other monkeys on it's back. For an occasionally driven toy, they are a kick in the back side to drive. For a daily driven vehicle you will have bitten off way more than you really want to chew.

To be practical a blown engine needs to be built and designed as such. Sure you can bolt a blower on anything and it will go like the devil, but for how long, and at what price?

I have run a blower on my car for over fifteen years. Thank goodness I don't have to drive it daily ;)

The price of the supercharger kit is just the beginning, and I really don't see it being the ideal setup without spending nearly three times that price in other modifications.

Keep your daily driver simple, just say no to the supercharger.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

HJ

I was mostly kidding around but at the same time I was kind of serious. I have a friend of mine that is a mechanic and when I told him the other day that I had ordered the HPPIII he told me that was crazy that with all the mods I have been doing on my truck to gain horsepower and torque I would have been half way to buying a supercharger, which would really make a difference, not the things that I am doing. So I went on Summit and looked up Superchargers and saw that they had one for the 4.3 V6 I thought that sounded pretty cool. I kind of figured that wasn't realistic, but the gears I know I need, as I have 3.42's. One of the things I love about this site is that not only is it very informative but you get a reality check also.

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:...when I told him the other day that I had ordered the HPPIII he told me that was crazy that with all the mods I have been doing on my truck to gain horsepower and torque I would have been half way to buying a supercharger, which would really make a difference, not the things that I am doing....
There is some truth to that, but some misconception too.

The HPPIII is not a good investment for performance, or I should say power. I really doen't add up to much with a little timing bump.
It is a good investment for the shift firmness, adjustable shift points, and speedometer recalibration.

Crazy for performance, Yes. Just plain crazy, No.

Your best investments will be in things that aid efficiency. Let it breathe. Then find a happy place and quit!

When you get to a place that is comfortable, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO SCREW WITH! Leave the truck alone!
Get a bike, buggy or mess up the wife's car :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Hj wrote:or mess up the wife's car
I tried that! She said :!: :nono: :rant:
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I would like to add my two cents.. I understand where HJ is coming from and it coming from a man of his age :oops: j/k what I mean is .. ... I am looking down a road HJ is already looking back on ! HJ I think that the post above was well put.. You have to find a happy place..
I dont know if you guys look back on the previous owners like I do..Ok first was warnoffroad. then he modded the CC to a point of no return. then KCustom , then that went to Hell. Heck I remember when Bubaloo was inquiring on a lift.., Look at his truck now ( :thumb: by the way)..
I don't hate or want to disrespect ,however from this site I have learned that if you dont get a reality check every once in a while, Modding can go too far.. I know that my CC is a daily driver however I find myself wanting to do alittle more then a little more.. I Hope deployments and money issues keep me away from modding it to the ground.. .. I hope someone understands where im coming from and what im saying. .. 8) .. and bubaloo take this post as a whole I meant nothing towards you... ill shut up now and sit back and read ..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]