Newbie here. Just wanted to say hi!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Snake Eater

Newbie here. Just wanted to say hi!

Post by Snake Eater »

Just wanted to say hi to all the 200+ members here. :lol: I know i dont have a crew cab, but i love the off roading of all sorts. That and it looks like ya'll could use more members. So, my mods are in my sig. I still have alot of plans for the future that are slow coming. As for the off road side i want to look into a 2" body lift and maybe more of a suspention lift. I would like to get 35s on, but i'll settle for 33s. I also have 3:42s with open front diff. I'd like to go to 4:10s, and get new lockers front and rear to go with the bigger tires i'm wanting. Anyway, hi to all and here are a couple pics.

image link
99' Blazer 4x4 LS 4dr. A4--TCI2600,CAI,3" Flowmaster,E-fans,160*stat,TB blade,Free mods,75hp shot of N2O, and 4"lift w/31/10.50 Mud Terrains and air shocks for the added lift when needed.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome, you're not the only 4dr Blazer here. Although the "other guy" has been pretty quiet lately :?

Tell us some more about the 4" of lift? You refered to heavier T-bars on another forum. Exactly what were those? Something similar to the RPO Z85 "higher payload" firm ride suspension package that is standard equipment on the crews?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Welcome! Nice Blazer. :thumb:

Now for some advice. 8) You may want to reconsider lifting, re-gearing, and going to 35's with the stock IFS front end. It's notoriously weak and if you're planning any serious off-roading with those 35's, you'll break something eventually (probably sooner than later). The front locker you mentioned is definitely out...that'll bust your front end real quick. If you need the front locker for the wheeling you want to do, then go SFA...you'll be much happier (and save time and money) in the long run. Also...a rear locker only might be all you need. You'd be surprised the difference just a rear locker can make.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Hi :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Snake Eater

Post by Snake Eater »

HenryJ, the front Tbars are from 4wheel parts. I dont remember the brand, but they came red and have a 40% stronger spring rate over stock. The rest of the lift is done with shackles and air shocks front and rear. The front air shocks took some fab and finding, but it was worth it. In the picture the shocks are at 50psi. It still goes up 1.5-2" more at 130psi, but the ride is a little stiffer. Not unbearable though, and greatly helps prevent bottoming out when you get some air. With the stronger suspention it feels much more stable on the road too. Stock it felt spongy. Im hoping i will have some good new pics to post after i get back home. Already planning some off road trips.

Anyone ever do mud drags? I did that for about a year(hints the need for N2O). I have some unbelievable pics spanking trucks with 18" lift and 44" boggers. My first trip there i came in second. Then i added the 75 shot and never lost again. Lots of fun, but the washing got old. Now im looking more for woods, sand, rocks.
99' Blazer 4x4 LS 4dr. A4--TCI2600,CAI,3" Flowmaster,E-fans,160*stat,TB blade,Free mods,75hp shot of N2O, and 4"lift w/31/10.50 Mud Terrains and air shocks for the added lift when needed.
Snake Eater

Post by Snake Eater »

AZs10crew, what kind of rims and tires do you have? They look prety sweet.
Snake Eater

Post by Snake Eater »

A2B, just saw you are from LA. Do you know where Barstow is? I grew up there. That place was awsome for off roading. I tried getting orders there, but ended up in Maine. :( My dad had a couple Int. Scouts that we used to take off roading all the time. I miss the open desert.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Snake Eater wrote:AZs10crew, what kind of rims and tires do you have? They look prety sweet.
15x7 US Wheel Daytonas (Rockcrawlers) and 30x9.5 Dunlop Radial Mud Rover tires. They've done pretty well so far. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Snake Eater wrote:...Anyone ever do mud drags? ...
I've done some "Mud Bogs"-

Turbid Necromancer

Not with my DD though :D

All I could find on the "4wheelparts" website was these , Rancho Torsion Bars.
What did you pay for yours?

What amount of lift would you say they gave you?

How has the ride characteristics changed?

Did you do this before , or at the same time you added air shocks to the front?

Any part numbers, or additional information on the aftermarket T-bars would be helpful.

Are these discontinued, like the old Rancho 3" suspension lift? There is no information (part listing, spring rates, preformance data, etc.) on their website.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I always thought that pic was of your daily driver? :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
Snake Eater

Post by Snake Eater »

The guy in the store just siad he had some that would fit it and i bought them. This was back when i bought it in 01'. They realy helped get rid of the body leaning around corners and the nose diping so bad while braking. Im not sure if the tbars are vehicle specific, or fit other mini truck models. They ran me @ $250. I didnt crank them up till i got into offroading in late 02'. And in summer 03' i added the air shocks because i had trouble bottoming out and bouncing. The air shocks for the rear are a direct replacement, but the front is another story. Just have to find some with the correct length. If the ends dont match, and mine didnt, you have to modify to make them mount. The top A-arm has stops to prevent the suspention from droping too far, so they had to go. Just the tbars alone cranked all the way gave me about 3", but i baked them some to keep it smooth. Now they give me 2-2.5", and the shocks give me the rest. You can air the shocks up enough to force the tire down more, but there is almost no give in the ride. I wish i had bigger air lines going to the shocks so i could add an air tank inside and just push a button to go up. I get some crazy looks now hooking the hose at gas stations up to my bumper. As soon as you push the trigger on the nozzle it starts going up. Looks really cool to me.

When i get home in July i'll take more pics and post them. And see if the tbars have a name or p/n stamped on them.

Sorry so long. Boring over here, and just talking about my rides that arent here is depressing.
Snake Eater

Post by Snake Eater »

How hard is a 2" body lift? If i install one think i could run some 32/12.50 swampers? I dont want to damage my fender wells though. What about lock rite lockers front and rear? Or just rear. I really dont like the G80. I've broken them before, and they dont lock over 20mph anyway.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Snake Eater wrote:How hard is a 2" body lift?
Not too bad on a Crew, but I am not familliar with the differences involved in the 4dr lift. You might check the PA website for downloadable .PDF instructions.
If i install one think i could run some 32/12.50 swampers? I dont want to damage my fender wells though.
Might be a bit much.
What about lock rite lockers front and rear? Or just rear...
"No locker for our little front, PLEASE"...and, I don't like the lock-right's at all. If you really want to try one PM me and I'll send you a used one to try. Do a search on this site and you'll find quite a bit of information.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

brule,
what axels did you have on the monster???? did you just weld the diff up?

snake eater,
yes i know where barstow is....and ye wheelin in the desert rocks....and mud sucks :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:...what axels did you have on the monster???? did you just weld the diff up?...
'72 Chev 1/2 ton running gear, stock ls rear only. Give it enough rpm/torque and they all spin ;)
Yes, we broke everything but the rear axle.
The biggest problem was on the starting line where there was traction. You really had to go easy.

Broken list: both front axles, joints, rear drive shaft cv, transmission housing

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Sounds like you've got an awful lot of lift in the front end for not dropping the differential at all. Keep an eye on your front end pieces...especially the CV boots and joints. I knew a guy in AZ with a stock 4x4 2 door Blazer that busted his front end wheeling on a fairly easy trail...no t-bar crank or anything on the front end.
[size=75]Mark