Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

LS1 EDIT for "W" L35 4.3L

Post by HenryJ »

LS1 edit is now available for the 4.3L!

$550 ...wooof!

I guess it will have to wait a while, that's a pricey mod.

I will have to get it someday though.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

so what exaclty does this mod do.....and cuz its the LS1, which wasnt originaly for a 4wd vehicle, will it have the programing for 4-lo for the tranny???
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

This is the software and cabling needed to write the programming for the PCM.

"LS1 EDIT" is the "name" because that is the program that started it all. It now has been upgraded to include a list of engines.

With the locked version you can program up to 4 PCM's.

Think of this as a Hypertech PPIII , but you have to supply your own laptop to run it on and you can set all the parameters, even if they will totally mess up the functionallity. :thumb:

I might have to consider selling my HPPIII and buying LS1 EDIT, someday.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Does it have a quick reset option where you can reset all settings back to factory, to be able to take it in for "service", then reset it back the way you had it? Kind of like the "Return all to factory settings" option in your PC's BIOS.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

okay so what does it do to the truck to make it worth the money
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
WFRager
Regular
Regular

Post by WFRager »

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubima ... d_=3391703

This was big news a couple of years ago with the LS1 crowd (first came LT1 edit). It is mainly used in conjunction with other mods so that the fuel tables can be optimized. On my '99 SS (Camaro) I had a cam, headers, LS6 intake and MAF. Without the custom tuning I did 342 RWHP.

They strapped it to the dyno (wide band O2), optimized the A/F ratio and I returned a 363 rwhp peak. I also deleted the EGR and CATS. It was still a little fat so more power was there. I have seen bone stock LS1's pick up 10 rwhp with just optimal tuning. I think Bill Mach offers this service too. It's a must with his S/C or Turbo upgrades.

On a similar note: have you seen the MegaSquirt web site? I ordered the parts to make one. If I ever stuff one of the 350's (I have sitting in my garage) into my '91 Blazer, I will use this kit to build an EFI computer.
'72 Z-28, 406 EFI

'02 Crew SS wheels

'91 S-10 4x4

'89 S-10 4x4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:okay so what does it do to the truck to make it worth the money
It will allow me to tailor ALL the settings to what I want them set to.

Not just the few performance/recalibration settings that the HPPIII does.

I've been trying to find a way to run the 180* stat without setting the SES light. This may give me the option.

Is it worth the money? Hmmm...for someone who is not familliar with the functions of the PCM, NO.

It is not for the person who might mess-up the PCM and render it unuseable.

The thing to do for those who need a simple "plug - choose- play" is the HPPIII .

Put simply , LS1EDIT is a program that might be used to create the programming for an HPPIII.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Yeah...LS1 Edit is VERY specific tuning. You can tune air/fuel ratios, turn off certain PCM items that would throw SES codes (removing cats, changing cams, etc.), basically whatever you want to do. Anything and everything that the PCM controls can be "played with" with LS1 Edit. It's great stuff, but not for the shadtree mechanic. It takes a lot of research and dyno tuning to get the engine adjusted correctly using LS1 Edit. It took a friend of mine about 6 months to figure out LS1 Edit enough to be able to tune cars regularly with it. It's kind of a good little side business for him too. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
dhawke
Crew
Crew

Post by dhawke »

Holy Smokes!! Glad I didn't buy the HPIII yet. I downloaded the users manual just to get an idea of how it works. HOLY SMOKES!!!

So...are there are websites where people are exchanging programming or other info?