Crew Elite

Manually Shifted NP233 Anyone ??

Post by gocntry »

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
20Blazer00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 20Blazer00 »

Not a bad setup but I would retain the gear mechanism and fab something up to use the manual shift mechanism from an older s-10 4x4 or the 231 manual shifted....

He failed to mention if he repainted the cut he made in the body if not then it will rust out for sure....plus with now rubber boot I would avoid deep water crossings, the slot is a potential water inlet port....
knaffie
Regular
Regular

Post by knaffie »

Not possible with a 233. Copeland and I tried with mine. Find a 231 out of a late 80s / early 90s S10 and swap it in. Then you have to find the manual shifter and all the related bracketry and cables that go with it, which were only made from 1994 - 1996. If you get lucky and find a truck that has them, its easy. I have over 500 phone calls tracking down the parts. :x
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

knaffie wrote:Not possible with a 233
:?: So What This Guy Did & Another I Have Seen Will End Up Trashing Their Xfer Cases? I Found This Mod To Be Strange As I Wouldn't Want A Big Wrench Sticking Up Out Of My Console.
knaffie wrote: Copeland and I tried with mine. Find a 231 out of a late 80s / early 90s S10 and swap it in. Then you have to find the manual shifter and all the related bracketry and cables that go with it, which were only made from 1994 - 1996. If you get lucky and find a truck that has them, its easy. I have over 500 phone calls tracking down the parts. :x
The 231 Xfer Case Will Need The Speedodometer Plug In In The Rear I'm Guessing. But Is Their A Difference Between The Linkage & The Cable Shifted Xfer Cases Or Will Either One Work?
knaffie
Regular
Regular

Post by knaffie »

The cable shifter is much easier to set up than the mechanical linkage. No difference in the cases. They should all have the speedo plug in the rear housing.

There are a couple different reasons you can't make a 233 case into a 231. I've got pictures somewhere. Well, it can be done, but its going to take some machine work. Why bother when that which you desire is already readily available?
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

knaffie wrote: Then you have to find all the related bracketry and cables that go with it, which were only made from 1994 - 1996. If you get lucky and find a truck that has them, its easy. I have over 500 phone calls tracking down the parts. :x

:idea: Sounds Like Another Idea Waiting To Be "Knafflized" (sp?) :lol:

A Do It Yourself Conversion Kit!