WAAG one piece grill guard

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

WAAG one piece grill guard

Post by purduecrew »

Well, after lookin around for a grille guard, using the search function :wink: , and watching Ebay, I finally got a grille guard!

Its a new WAAG unit, one piece. To me, the thing is darn sturdy, nice finish, pretty light, and fits nice too! Big thanks to F9K9 for lettin me hound him! Ill try and get detailed pictures later this week/wekend!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

heres some pictures of the grille guard, off road lights i promised...

oh and the lass in the first picture just likes the truck :P
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks Great! :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

f9k9 wrote:Looks Great! :thumb:
i agree!!!!!

and did you get her phone number????? :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

haha yah, she eats out of the palm of my hand :wink:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Looking Good! :thumb: How many mounting points does the WAAG grill guard have? I can see the bottom 2 mounting points, but I'm curious if it also bolts to the bumper. :? Does it feel sturdy enough to take a minor impact?

Steve
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Brush guard and lights look good Purdue. Nice scenery in the picture also.

I have been waiting almost 3 months for the brush guard for my Av. Supposedly it was finally shipped from the factory this week.

Tom
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I was fixin' to say you were very cute there Purdue, oh the truck too... I don't see any other mounting supports at the mid level (top of bumper between grill) so make sure you keep an eye on the tightness of the bottom mounts. i believe another member had problems with the grille guard coming loose or vibrating a lot making the lights useless. 8)
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

border man wrote:I was fixin' to say you were very cute there Purdue, oh the truck too... I don't see any other mounting supports at the mid level (top of bumper between grill) so make sure you keep an eye on the tightness of the bottom mounts. i believe another member had problems with the grille guard coming loose or vibrating a lot making the lights useless. 8)

yah i totally hear you on the mounting issue... I chose this guard specifically for that reason, it seemed to be set up more sturdy than the rest... F9K9 feel free to jump in and give your two cents on this guard, but its got two horizontal mounts that are held in by the two top bumper bolts to the frame( circled in red) and you can see the bolt that holds them to the mid section of the grille guard. Also, on the bottom I drew in red, what the mounting brackets sorta look like, and the approximate position of the mounting holes. As far as stability and vibration, I tug on the end of the light guards with my full weight, only bout 160 pounds, and they deflect only maybe 1/8th inch. Vibration is non existent, as of tonights testing. As far as impacts go, I would venture to guess I could get away unscathed from 10mph or so( i could be way off). I mean anything faster thats not dead on hit, is just SOOO much force, its gonna bend something, BUT i do feel its hella sturdy compared to any regular joe guard if you know what i mean. BTW i started this thread because i havent seen any product specific reviews on grille guards, so i thought id get one started.
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Your Grille Guard mounts exactly the same way my sportster does, and It has survived an impact from a car being floored in reverse from 15 feet away without a scratch. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Your Waag is "good to go"! You have the standard four mounting points. My former agency saved a bunch bucks with "deer versus truck" accidents using them but. Borderman's didn't.

I think you'll be happy with the WAAG.

Next time you model with your rig, a sun dress would be deeply appreciated :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

haha ill tell her that next time 8)
[size=75]2003 Black CC
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Walt wrote:It has survived an impact from a car being floored in reverse from 15 feet away without a scratch. :)
:shock:

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

killian96ss wrote:
Walt wrote:It has survived an impact from a car being floored in reverse from 15 feet away without a scratch. :)
:shock:

Steve
I was behind a lady in a Buick Skylark, and she tried to pull out on to the highway, only to realize that she couldn't make it, so she puts the car into reverse, and floored the gas even before the transmission could engage. She was in any danger of being hit, but I guess it was just a reflex action. I was about 15 feet behind her, and she never let off the gas until she hit me. I got out of the truck just about ready to fight, but it left me when I saw that I had absolutely no damage or marks to the pushbar, and nothing bent. She, on the other hand, had two large, vertical creases in her rear bumper. She asked if I wanted to call the police and I told her that it didn't hurt me, so it was up to her. We decided to go our separate ways, and I've had no problems since.
--Walt
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

heck yah! thats what I like to hear! hopefully this sucker holds up to my abuse!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

While I do think they're much stronger than they look, I would question their strength in a bottom impact, or side impact situation. Say you hit a dip offroad, and the from of the truck slammed into the ground, I think it would probably bend both sets of supports.
--Walt
mattfu
Crew
Crew

Post by mattfu »

hey guys any clearance issues with this brush guard and a 2" bl , does any of the plastic come into play or the front tow points too close to the guard?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

mattfu wrote:hey guys any clearance issues with this brush guard and a 2" bl , does any of the plastic come into play or the front tow points too close to the guard?
Can't help you there since mine came off a ZR2 and I had them modified. Two inches of solid bar stock (or your metric equilivent) with longer bolts should work. Mine is mounted below the valance.
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Yeah, thats a nice looking Brush guard about how much would it cost for one of those but with some 6" fog lights? 8)
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

well i can tell you right now the guard was $315. Shipping was $162, and my 6" fog lights were $34 to my door. that totals $511
[size=75]2003 Black CC
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Looks great! :rock: I would go crazy trying to wash my grill and lights around it if it was on my truck. I use to hate washing the rear doors of my old Chevy Van with the ladder and spare tire in the way.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

haha yah, i washed and waxed the front end real good before i put the guard on :lol:
[size=75]2003 Black CC