Exhaust Sound Clip/Video

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Exhaust Sound Clip/Video

Post by killian96ss »

I decided to try and make a sound clip of my exhaust today which I hope will help other members in deciding what type of exhaust to put on their s--series. :D I have a mandrel bent 2-1/2" Flowmaster Force II exhaust system with the 50 series muffler deleted and a 30 series Top Ten muffler in it's place. It sounds and performs much better than the stock exhaust, however it's still not as loud as I would like, so I'm thinking about removing the inline resonator which should make it louder. 8) For those that don't know, the 30 series Top Ten muffler is almost exactly the same as the newer Super 40's. :wink: It would be cool if more people could post their exhaust clips so we can all hear the different possibilities. :D

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, it was similar to my 3" catback delta flowmaster 40 but, I don't have a clue on how to post sound clips. Mrs Hoff has a sony camcorder that I assume could be used and a sony digital camera (records stills and avi files on a mini CD).
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Tommrow after work, if its not raning, Ill get a clip of my exahust. FM 40 dumped be4 rear axle.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Mine's a custom cat back dual exhuast with a V-Force muffler, 2.5" Stainless Steel pipes, and two 3" slash cut black chrome stainless steel exhaust tips. Had a local muffler shop install it for me back in December of 2004. Probably my most favorite mod yet! And yes, I can get my spare down... but it is the small donut tire, not a full size one.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/302F ... 4E3FA6.htm
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I'll have to download those on my home PC so I can listen to them with some bass to see what they really sound like :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Here is a sound/video clip of my SS for comparison. :D My SS has a Flowmaster American Thunder dual exhaust with 50 series SUV mufflers, H pipe, and 30" long by 3-1/2" stainless tips. In the near future I will be getting some Super 40's and an X-pipe to liven it up a bit. 8) I wish my CC could sound more like my SS, but I doubt that it possible. :(

BobbleSmitty, that V-Force system sounds real nice! :thumb: I had a dual system on my CC last year, but I switched to a single to gain back a little low end. I was using a Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler with 2-1/2" dual outlets. It did sound better than my current setup, however I didn't have an inline resonator with the duals. I think my current set up will sound a lot better with that resonator removed. :D

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I hope Brule posts a sound clip of his Henry J. Hint Hint! :lol: I'll bet it sounds real nice with that big block. :D

Steve
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Does anyone think that this would be possible??

What I would like to do is put an electric exhaust cutout between the cat and the muffler for an even louder sound on demand. Would I be able to route it like that to bypass the muffler so the exhaust would still came out the back??
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Does anyone think that this would be possible??

I think it could be done, but it will take some fabrication. :D Does your V-Force muffler already have a single outlet connected to a y-pipe? If it does, this would be pretty easy to do. :wink: I think your idea of bypassing the muffler with a cutout is cool and unique since most people just put in a cut out that routes exhaust directly out of the cut out. :D

Steve
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Yep, it's a single inlet, single outlet going to a Y pipe. I would just like to keep the sound coming out the pipes in the back! Maybe this'll be my next mod!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:I hope Brule posts a sound clip of his Henry J.
There has been one up on my web page since 1991 - Hotrodder's Garage (wait for the page to load) That is my car back when it was running 12's. I copied the sound from an old video :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:
killian96ss wrote:I hope Brule posts a sound clip of his Henry J.
There has been one up on my web page since 1991 - Hotrodder's Garage (wait for the page to load) That is my car back when it was running 12's. I copied the sound from an old video :mg:
That big block sounds real mean! 8) :thumb: So, is that what it used to sound like, or does it still sound the same?

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:So, is that what it used to sound like, or does it still sound the same?
It has a little more "hit'cha in the chest thump" now. That was uncapped , of course. The next year I made a few improvements to run in the 11's, and the year after a few more to run in the 10's.
I switched to twin preadators, Dart Merlin heads, Crower roller cam, Isky rev kit, gear drive, fresh Dyer 6-71 blower, Mallory Hyfire and mag trigger dist.

I am running 2" primaries to 4" collectors. On the street I cap that with four foot of 3" pipe to 5" Supertrapps with an extra disc pack each.

The cool thing is to idle down main street and watch the store windows bounce and it even sets off some car alarms :lol:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:
killian96ss wrote:So, is that what it used to sound like, or does it still sound the same?
The cool thing is to idle down main street and watch the store windows bounce and it even sets off some car alarms :lol:
:thumb: I bet it would sound nice in a parking garage! :lol: I'll never forget the time when a local Napan brought out his nitro drag car during the annual cruise night and lit up the tires for a couple blocks before the police finally made their way through all the smoke to find him. :lol: Man was that cool, although I'm sure he got quite a ticket for exhibition of speed. 8) It must be fun to have a dedicated drag car! :D

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

So, I guess I need to post my question in the proper category to learn how to post audio. It just ain't fun here any more :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:So, I guess I need to post my question in the proper category to learn how to post audio. It just ain't fun here any more :wink:
Sorry, I love to help, but I do all my video and audio stuff on my Mac. Apples handle video editing pretty nicely.
I know that will be of no use to you, sorry.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

NP problem, am sure I can learn like I did pics but, TY for reminding me to use the search function in places outside of here :wink:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Reed, does your Sony digital camera have a movie or sound mode? I did my video/sound clips with my Canon A620 and then uploaded them to putfile.com. :D

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

killian96ss wrote:Reed, does your Sony digital camera have a movie or sound mode? I did my video/sound clips with my Canon A620 and then uploaded them to putfile.com. :D

Steve

All I did was buy it :lol: Am sure it does have a sound mode but, have not researched it much. We work opposite shifts and often just pass in the hallway. Will try to research it when I find the "camera bag's location of the week" :wink:

She has had me quite busy assembling junk for the expected arrival of an African Grey parrot, whatever the heck that is! It's cage would be luxurious for my german shepard in size. I'll figure it out and if, I can't, I'll ask. Thanks, Steve.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: I had a friend with several parrots. Her african grey aquired her voice to a tee. That bird would confuse the 7734 out of the dogs. Her dobermans would come running to the sound of that gray saying "Dutchess...Duke...come here sweeties!" :roflmao:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Not that we aren't :offtopic: but, I have read a little about the little tur*s and I understand that they have the best voice mimicking and I have been warned about my choice of words in everyday use. She also told me about another of the seller's birds running up and down the outside chainlink fence "barking" at the seller's ankle biting dogs. I am thrilled with this entire situation almost as much as I am with her 2 sweet Pekingnese "dogs" :!: Sorta makes drownproofing a duck look like a viable hobby. :roll:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

OMG, it arrived this morning and I am already in deep "do do" because I can ignore the bites and it likes my shoulders. Women. there is no pleasing them. Was a dog handler of imported dogs for over half of my career and I got a couple lessons on how to properly hold a stupid parrot and I am now in the doghouse with my pup and the stupid bird :lol:
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Lets just hope the bird can't read, or you will really be in trouble! :lol: :wink: