HPPIII

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HPPIII

Post by TEXS10 »

Hey Guys, I'am bidding on a used HPPIII (#30019). The gentleman selling it had on 2003 c1500 with a 350. He states that he removed it from his truck and changed the truck back to factory specifications before trading the truck in. My question is do I have send back to the factory for my S10 and do I have to change the thermostat ? Please help if you can ?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: HPPIII

Post by HenryJ »

TEXS10 wrote:...He states that he removed it from his truck and changed the truck back to factory specifications ...do I have send back to the factory for my S10 and do I have to change the thermostat ?
That part number will work for 2003-05 C/K 1500, S10, Sonoma 4.3L. If he is honest and did go back to stock you should be fine.
I'm pretty sure a colder stat is not needed. 2001-up retain the use of the stock thermostat.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TEXS10 »

Thanks I hope I get the bid !!!!
TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TEXS10 »

I did get the bid HPPIII, it will be in about a week or so. The gentleman stated that the factory setting where put out back on the truck and on the HPP III was back as if it was new. According to my GPS my speedo is off about 5 miles an hour. I have heard you all talking about shift points but not sure if you are going by rpms or actual speed. When it comes in maybe some of you guy can help ?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

TEXS10 wrote:................. According to my GPS my speedo is off about 5 miles an hour. I have heard you all talking about shift points but not sure if you are going by rpms or actual speed. When it comes in maybe some of you guy can help ?
We'll be glad to help. I went up in tire size to 30/9.50 and played with the HPPIII for weeks to match my Garmin and Delorme and correct it until I set it back on stock tire size. :bonk:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]