Airaid

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Airaid

Post by TEXS10 »

I did a search on the Airaid throttle body spacer ! I know a few members are running it, does it really help and do you need to get the air cleaner assembly? Can I just do air box mods and run a K&N airfilter and should I change the exhaust ? The truck is still under warranty should I wait to do these mods ?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

most will tell you the throttle body spacer is useless
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Useless but, adds a little color :)

It does help you change thermostats easily, doesn't affect your warranty, and if HJ has one then it doen't hurt anything.

You can do the airbox mod and chances are the dealership will never notice :) If it is a concern then pick up a second one at a salvage yard. You do not need the exhaust upgrade but, the intake and exhaust mods should be your first ones to do. The exhaust mod will not affect the warranty either.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

yes or no on airad t/b spacer , Throttle body spacer, yes or no?? , Throttle Body Spacers...
HenryJ wrote:I'm running the Helix Power tower I'll have to check the file and see what it's cost was (more than $50)

IMO, it does one thing that I felt was an improvement....raise the TB 1" making it easier to change stats and lines the intake up better after the 2" BL , that is about all I can say in it's favor.

Another reason that I used the spiraled spacer was to aid in mixing of the (restricted) EGR gasses. After installation of the CFM throttle blade and being unable to eliminate the EGR system entirely, I felt that this might help.

It does whistle at midrange mild accelleration (turbo/blower like sound), no change to mileage or performance.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Any TB spacer that swirls the incoming air will cause turbulence and actually slow down the airflow into the engine. Only a smooth bore or straight bore will increase hp & tq and give better mpg. My Powerdyne TB spacer did give me a few hp, but more importantly I gained almost 4 mpg after the install. Also because I have the 2" BL the TB spacer helped line every thing back up, and made it easier to hook up my K&N FIPK. I still believe the best designed TB spacers are made by Powerdyne and Jet. :wink:

Steve