Skid Plates

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Skid Plates

Post by T-bone02 »

After reading all the popular mods I decided to start tday and went to a local salvage yard. I guess My luck has changed lately and I found a '99 Jimmy with all the aluminum plates. I picked up the fron, engine and trans. case shield today, along with a stock full size spare off an older late 80;s model 2 door. All together I spent 125 dollars. Not too bad I think. And as usual I couldn't wait and it's 11 oclock at night and got the front and trans. shields installed. I took a look at the engine shield placement and decided I would need more light because of the brackets I'm gonna have to fit in up near the frame. i think this is a pretty good start! THe only shield I didn't get was the fuel tank shield. I wasn't sure If it would fit and these people don't let you return parts. Does anyone know if the fuel tank from a four door jimmy will fit my 02 crew?
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I'm not sure as I don't have one, but whenever the bug bites me to get more skid plates I'll be able to tell ya :D

Check into the PA body lift. It'll be the best $200 you've ever spent. Makes a HUGE difference in the look and attitude of our trucks. You can also crank your torsion bars to get 1-2" in the front, and install add-a-leaf's, or shackles to get a few inches of lift in the rear, but the body lift makes the most noticeable change.

New spark plugs and wires help alot in the performance category, as well as chopping up your airbox (see the mod section). The airbox mod can be done for free. New plugs and wires will cost ya. My MSD Superconductor plug wires were around $90, but you can find cheaper ones, most of which are an improvement over stock.

After getting the body lift, you'll probably want to get larger tires. Justin (Bubaloo1983) can help ya there. He makes Skidz Cut-Out Fender flares that will allow a body lifted crewcab to run 32's without a problem, and in some cases (Brule/Henry's), 33's.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...