HenryJ wrote:What about this article- Tire Selection for Expedition Travel
Allright....Is The Snorkle The Next Mod?? :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

gocntry wrote:...Is The Snorkle The Next Mod?? :D
Actually some modifications to the pick-up theater system are next, followed by some towing accessories :mg:
The snorkel is on my mind, but I just haven't come across the right stuff, yet. It will be a while if ever. I may go to true cowl induction? Lots of ideas :crazy:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

HenryJ wrote:
gocntry wrote:...Is The Snorkle The Next Mod?? :D
Actually some modifications to the pick-up theater system are next, followed by some towing accessories :mg:
The snorkel is on my mind, but I just haven't come across the right stuff, yet. It will be a while if ever. I may go to true cowl induction? Lots of ideas :crazy:
If we only knew someone who had the connections and experience in making modls for ABS plastic forming/pulling.

Someone on the site maybe.......
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:...If we only knew someone who had the connections and experience in making modls for ABS plastic forming/pulling.
This won't be quite that easy. They need to be cast rather than pulled. And prehaps rotationally molded.
There is a place in Nampa that does rotational molding. It is possible they could perform the service. Building the mold would be time consuming, but not too bad.
If you look at our fenderwells, things are pretty full. Finding a good way to exit the engine compartment may be the toughest part.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

HenryJ wrote:
adrenalnjunky wrote:...If we only knew someone who had the connections and experience in making modls for ABS plastic forming/pulling.
This won't be quite that easy. They need to be cast rather than pulled. And prehaps rotationally molded.
There is a place in Nampa that does rotational molding. It is possible they could perform the service. Building the mold would be time consuming, but not too bad.
If you look at our fenderwells, things are pretty full. Finding a good way to exit the engine compartment may be the toughest part.
I had done a little looking around.. I like the look of the Snorkel from Australia (Safari Snorkel)..

There is a black F250 super duty here in town running one.. they make a kit for his, they dont make one for the S10 :!:

I have thought about contacting them and seeing if they can come up with just the external snorkel parts at the right angle for the crewcab, and I'll worry about all the in-fender connections.. It would be tight, but it looks like there might be a decent way to do it..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Another thought on trying to make our own snorkel is testing it. If it doesn't work, you only get to try it once! :shock:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Safari Snorkel is actually an ARB company, based out of Austrailia - I've contacted them 2 times via email asking for an application guide listing all of the vehicles with pictures - in hopes that something for a foreign market holden or isuzu might work.

Both thimes I just got a dinky little pamphlet back from them.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Babaloo!!! I think there is a demand here for you expertise!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

There you go BUB... Two piece ABS plastic and sonic welded together. Should be easy but your the only one with a vaccuum mold.....
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]