Exhaust!

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Exhaust!

Post by apcrews10 »

Is there any concensus on whose exhaust sounds best and performs best for our trucks?
2002 CC S-10 - Extang Tonneau, TB Crank,Westin Sportsman Brush Guard
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:roflmao: :bounce: :!: Are you serious?

Yeah, and we agree on tires too :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by apcrews10 »

?????
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There are many opinions on which is best. some run duals, some run no muffler, I like my delta 40 flowmaster 3" catback that I learned from HenryJ
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by apcrews10 »

Does it sound good? Any noticeable performance and fuel economy?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

"I" think it sounds good, MPG gains are basically minimal. I noticed a low end diffrence but, suggest you try the airbox mod found in the homepage first if you haven't tried an air intake mod. Get that done and then go to the exhaust.....IMO. :D
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by apcrews10 »

Cool. I have already put on the K&N FIPK so next thing exhaust. Did you guys take your pre-cat and cat out?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Brule's precat clogged and was removed. I have a catback set up because our cats are pretty free flowing.
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by apcrews10 »

Hey f9, you go down to turkey bay at LBL any?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

f9k9 wrote:Brule's precat clogged and was removed. I have a catback set up because our cats are pretty free flowing.
Not yet but, I am wanting to.
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by apcrews10 »

I went down there at the beginning of the year on 4 wheelers. There use to be some really huge ass mud pits up on top but the last time I was there it looked like they were filling them in. It is a great place to go with 4 wheelers but I have not see much there for trucks. Hey sometime some of us KY crew cabbers should get together and go down there.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

apcrews10 wrote:Does it sound good? Any noticeable performance and fuel economy?
I put a "Magna Flow" cat back on mine. Cost about $400. Sounds nice but I didn't notice any improvement in gas mileage and maybe only a slight improvement in power. In fact the power improvement might be just in my head because of the sound. I think I could have spent that $400 somewhere else. Oh well. Live and learn. :(
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

the cheapest and most effective mods you can do to free up intake and exhaust would be the K&N airbox mod (think K&N drop in filters go for about $40???) and have a muffler shop cut out your muffler and weld in a pipe ($20-30 depends upon the shop). if you want you can add a nice looking tip ($30-40).

this free's up intake and exhaust for under $100. In My Humble Opinion straight pipe (lack of muffler) gives you that mean crisp sound that i just didn't hear with the flowmaster 40 series. It's most likely not legal in the majority of states, it's not in Michigan either, but my friends and i all run straight pipes: '88 sierra duals w/ 350, '92 sierra duals w/ 305, '94 silverado duals w/ 350, '96 silverado true duals w/ 350, '97 saturn (yes i said saturn) duals w/ 4banger, '01 sonoma single pipe 4.3L.

choice is up to you. but if you want the loudest exhaust, Y-piped after the cat, straight pipe, and 3 1/2" tips is one mean setup.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]