Skid Plate Help....

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Skid Plate Help....

Post by gocntry »

Quick Question I Hope One Of You Can Answer For Me...

I Am In Process Of Installing The Aluminum Engine Skid Plate, The 2 Brackets That Have To Be Installed It Looks Like 1 Goes Thru The Front Diff Mount (drivers side) And The Other Goes To The Bracket That Goes To The Front Axle (Pass Side), Also The Mod Page Directions Say I Need 3 Self Tapping Bolts For The XferCase Skid Anybody Know What Size These Would Need To Be??

As Always Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated, Thanks In Advance
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I think I still have the three bolts you are looking for. If you and your truck are movable, feel free to stop by and I'll give you a hand. That one bolt can be a real bear if I remember right.

PM me if you want and I'll give you directions and/or cell phone number.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

you 2 will be seeing each other tomorrow wont you ?

:idea: do it early in the morning
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

jeff024 wrote:you 2 will be seeing each other tomorrow wont you ?

:idea: do it early in the morning
I don't know about that early. We have to be at the Wendy's no later than 8:00am if I read the core4x4 site right and that skid plate can be a real bear to get in, or at least it was on my truck. Better to work on it tonight if gocntry can do it. Still waiting to hear from him.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

BTW, Jeff024. You going?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I want to but I will have to wait till next time to swap wheels back my wife would kill me if I messed the new 1s up then complained about it.I wanted to take her jeep but its still to new :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I guess that's one of the good things about my crew being all scratched and dented. Just don't have to worry about it anymore. Just a darned shame it looks like it does now and it's only 3 years old. Well, it is a work truck after all.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Rusty wrote:I think I still have the three bolts you are looking for. If you and your truck are movable, feel free to stop by and I'll give you a hand. That one bolt can be a real bear if I remember right.

PM me if you want and I'll give you directions and/or cell phone number.

Hey Rusty,

Thanks For The Offer But I Dont Know If I Can Make It Or Not...
I Just Got Back From Dropping Off My 2 Year Old At Grandma's House In Fairfax (man i HATE rush hour traffic) And I Have A Dinner Date With The Wife At 5:30 (and we all know what happens if i break that to work on the truck). I Am Working On The Engine Oil Pan Plate Right Now, And I Was Gonna Grab The 3 Bolts To Do The Xfer Case Plate At Lowes, (Happens To Be Next To Red Lobster Where We Are Going) And Finish It Tonite :roll: Guess My Procrastinating *ss Should Have Done It Last Week Huh!! :!:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

gocntry wrote:I Have A Dinner Date With The Wife At 5:30 (and we all know what happens if i break that to work on the truck).
I know it well. I can loan you my VW Camper if you need it. I find it makes a pretty comfy "doghouse" on occasion! :lol:

Anyway, I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning then at Wendy's. Enjoy the dinner! If you get a break and change your mind, I'll PM you my number.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Got The Diff / Oil Pan Skid.....

Your Right Rusty....The Passenger Side Bolt Was A Pain....

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I remember using a big pry bar on the side of my ALUMINUM oil pan in a fit of total desperation, trying to get that d@mned bolt in place. I think the thread is long gone now but you should have read the comments people had when I told everyone here that I did that! :lol:

In retrospect, it wasn't very intelligent of me. I still think about what I would have done if that oil pan broke! :shock: