Anybody install a floor shift ?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Anybody install a floor shift ?

Post by IBSonoma »

I'm thinking of using parts from a Jimmy.
Thanks,
Frank
Jim

Re: Anybody install a floor shift ?

Post by Jim »

IBSonoma wrote:I'm thinking of using parts from a Jimmy.
Thanks,
Frank
I'm still gathering the parts. I'm using the wood trimmed parts & i'm cheap. All I have so far is the console w/ no shifter, brackets or cable... $24 ebay, Window switches $14 Ebay. I'll need to buy a complete console of any color just to get the parts I need. Right now they are bringing up to $300 on ebay. The guy at S-10 Warehouse disassembles all steering columns and sells the parts. Bare columns are $80, I missed one on ebay complete for $16.00 but the multi funtion switch $100 was broken.
Good luck If you have the time I'd look for a yard with one in it that has all the parts. Don't bank on the yard not knowing what the parts are worth. Those guys are sharp.Image
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

Let me give my $0.02.

If you have a column shifter now with the Chevy center console, I would keep it. I've got the floor shifter in my Jimmy. I've also owned a 2001 Blazer LT and a 2002 S-10 with buckets/center console. By comparison, the Jimmy console SUCKS! The armrest is lower plus everyone I've seen, including mine, rattle bigtime. Neither my S-10 nor my Blazer had that problem. Also the cupholders on the floor shifter console are worthless for anything other than a pop can. I think the best console was the one I had in my 01 Blazer.

Just my $0.02 worth!

Steve
[size=75]2002 S-10 ZQ8- Too much to list= SOLD - 2003 Bonneville SLE - [url=http://images9.fotki.com/v187/photos/4/41590/841111/DSC00158-vi.jpg]2000 Jimmy Diamond Edition[/url] - 2006 Trailblazer LT V8 - 2006 Malibu SS[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

This is a mod I would like to do also. As far as the exiting console goes, mine rattles around and squeeks & creeks now so I couldn''t imagine the floor shift console could be any worse. I think that my only trouble would be getting it hooked up to the tranny. I wouldn't even know where to begin on something like that. But then again, I have some other mods I will be doing before I attempt to tackle anything like the floor shifter.
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
twodoorblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by twodoorblazer »

twodoorblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by twodoorblazer »

you need to be logged in to view the photos on the link I posted above
Jim

Post by Jim »

twodoorblazer wrote:you need to be logged in to view the photos on the link I posted above
That write-up is so detailed it sounds scary. I have all the parts now except the column. Since I'm fussy about keeping all the parts I takeoff my truck I want a complete column to just bolt in, the only parts used from my old one will be the wheel & airbag. This pic is of the console I purchased from a 2004 blazer, all the parts are good but the console its self is broken from the accident. I have a mint Bravada console the parts are transferred to. It's important to get all the parts with your console. S-10 warehouse only sells them complete.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I now have the column :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT
It really is more compleat than it looks.
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

When does the transformation begin?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:When does the transformation begin?
As soon as I'm absolutely sure I have all the parts and test the shift lock assembly. I still need a combination switch and the lock cylinder coded to my key. I could use my existing ones but I want to keep the original column intact except the wheel & air bag.
Best Regards, Jim
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Hey Jim, I know this is off topic, but have you ever thought about getting some of the newer vette wheels? Like the 17's or 18's? Those would look sweet on your truck.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Jim

Post by Jim »

I got the steering column, but it's different it's from a 04 blazer. It doesn't seem to have provisions for the steering wheel to lock when the ignition is off. The guy that sold it to me said it's as it was removed from the truck less the wheel, clock spring and bag. Where the locking ring usually is there is a spacer taking up the space. Anybody know about theses newer columns 04 & 05? The chief engineer for the Corvette said they worked with the gov. to drop the requirement to have manual transmissions be in reverse to remove the key.
Best Regards, Jim
Jim

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:I got the steering column, but it's different it's from a 04 blazer. It doesn't seem to have provisions for the steering wheel to lock when the ignition is off. The guy that sold it to me said it's as it was removed from the truck less the wheel, clock spring and bag. Where the locking ring usually is there is a spacer taking up the space. Anybody know about theses newer columns 04 & 05? The chief engineer for the Corvette said they worked with the gov. to drop the requirement to have manual transmissions be in reverse to remove the key.
I answered my own question check out this thread about Silverado's that don't lock
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t233657.html
Best Regards, Jim