Bushwacker flares...

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bushwacker flares...

Post by SomeCrew »

So I was over my buddies house today doing a little primer work to his chop-top s-10, this nicely lifted jeep pulls up next to my truck and gets out to look.

His is taller than mine :(

Anywho, we got to talkin and fender flares came up. He said that he works directly with bushwacker and they are making a set of extend-a-fenders for our trucks, scheduled to be released late fall/early winter.
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Bushwacker flares...

Post by F9K9 »

SomeCrew wrote:So I was over my buddies house today doing a little primer work to his chop-top s-10, this nicely lifted jeep pulls up next to my truck and gets out to look.

His is taller than mine :(

Anywho, we got to talkin and fender flares came up. He said that he works directly with bushwacker and they are making a set of extend-a-fenders for our trucks, scheduled to be released late fall/early winter.

I certainly hope he is not on the janitorial staff and his inside info is true. They are many members wanting the flares at a decent price and have been continually disappointed. I am just glad I stumbled on my ZR5 as is. I recently found new ZR5 flares on ebay at $349 EACH while fenders are about $50.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Bushwacker flares...

Post by HenryJ »

SomeCrew wrote:...they are making a set of extend-a-fenders for our trucks, scheduled to be released late fall/early winter.
Nice, but too bad that they are not working on Cut-out-Flares. Then they would draw quite a few customers.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i hate news like that thanks for making my day crew :twisted:

just kidding lol, at least there not cut outs :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Production of our trucks ended last year and now all of sudden they're gonna start making flares for us? I'll believe it when I see it.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I was told they will be more around the 400-450 range.... Of course, they arent out either, so...
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SomeCrew wrote:I was told they will be more around the 400-450 range.... Of course, they arent out either, so...
Even the Tahoe flares which are a two piece design for the rear flares are under $400. The fullsize trucks are under $300. I don't see them costing any more than the current S-series flares at $350.
The front flares already fit just fine and can be purchased for $172. The rears should never exceed $200 for the pair. All that is needed is a slight stretch and re-trim the profile.
They can be done easily from the existing molds.

Guess we'll see :D

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

So Brule, I can actually take a set of extend-a-flares from another model (same year) s-10 and the front will fit, and the back will fit with some minor cutting?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

SomeCrew wrote:So Brule, I can actually take a set of extend-a-flares from another model (same year) s-10 and the front will fit, and the back will fit with some minor cutting?
From the forum's mod page
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SomeCrew wrote:So Brule, I can actually take a set of extend-a-flares from another model (same year) s-10 and the front will fit, and the back will fit with some minor cutting?
:lol: I guess you gathered from the post above...yes ;)

There are some advantages to this , one is availability.
I have the cut-outs on my first gen S-10 , and put a new set on when I repainted it. They have been manufacturing that model for over 10 years.

I would bet that you could get a new set of these in 10 years when they are all dinged up.

No cutting means that I can remove them and go right back to stock should I desire to do so.
The fronts really do fit nicely.

The disadvantages, extensive reshaping of the profile is needed to fit the rear flares. The rear flares are not quite big enough for the rear well when the stock flare is removed.

They are not cut-outs and actually reduce the overall wheel opening.

Would I do it again, yes. There are no other good , or better options...yet.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

extenda fender , wider :idea: , wider tires. sweeeeeet :drool:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd