D.O. Rock Slider ?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

D.O. Rock Slider ?

Post by killian96ss »

Does anyone on the forum have these sliders and the 2" BL? I want to get some, but I can't tell if the ones pictured on Demello's site are on a stock Crew or a lifted Crew. I know the pictured Crew is someone on this forum. I would also like to know how well the quality and fit is on these sliders. Thanks, Steve
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes it was with the 2"bl. it doesnt matter cuz you weld them on. so you can mount them where ever you want. and you will bend the frame before you bend the sliders...at least the double square ones that i got. paul bought the round ones. they dont take away as much ground clearence as mine did.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I wonder if welding these sliders to the frame would cause any warranty problems at the dealership? I really want to get some because there are a couple of trails at the Knoxville recreation area and the Rubicon trail that I couldn't do because of large rocks and other obstacles that would surely damage the rocker panels on my truck. :(
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

killian96ss wrote:I wonder if welding these sliders to the frame would cause any warranty problems at the dealership? I really want to get some because there are a couple of trails at the Knoxville recreation area and the Rubicon trail that I couldn't do because of large rocks and other obstacles that would surely damage the rocker panels on my truck. :(
Don't think you will have issues at the dealer but check your state laws. I have a welded set on my Trooper but if I did it again, I would have gone bolt on cause I don't rock crawl(not alot of rocks where I leave) and if I did damage a set, I would have to get it unwelded which is harder than most people think.

BTW, the nerfs on my ZR5 are bolted directly to the frame. I don't think there were holes already so I guess they drilled them in. People says it's hard to drill into the frame though.....

Good Luck,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya our frame kind of sucks cuz its boxed. the zr2 frame isnt so its easier to bolt to.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]