Can the HPPIII be shared, how does it work?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Can the HPPIII be shared, how does it work?

Post by adrenalnjunky »

*Thread Hi-Jack* HA, Split the topic-HJ

how does the HPP-III work -- I mena I understand what it does and interfaces and all -- but is there anything on it that would keep you from tkaing your HPP_III to someone else's same model vehicle and programming theirs etc.....?

Someone I know thinks that it might somehow sync with your CPU and make it only work with your particular vehicle, but neither of us were sure....

So, how does it function in that regard? I know a few guys that would go in on one with me for S-10's if we could share it.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The HPPIII downloads the vehicles VIN and stock programming, so it can not be used on another vehicle until this data is cleared by uploading the information back to the vehicle.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

You can't share them, but you can pass them along. When you originally program with it, it stores your factory PCM settings. When the HPPIII has a PCM stored in it, it will not allow you to use it on another vehicle. So you can't 'share' it. But, if you reload your factory PCM settings (emptying the buffer in the HPPIII), it can then be used on another vehicle.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I bet it could be done. Just make a program on your computer to make the hpp think it's your truck, change it back, then ready for the next truck. You can store each person's truck on your pewter. :idea:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

quickbiker wrote:I bet it could be done. Just make a program on your computer to make the hpp think it's your truck, change it back, then ready for the next truck. You can store each person's truck on your pewter. :idea:
But that would require effort and knowledge of the stock PCM programming. Two things I don't have. :mrgreen:

I assume you're looking for one on Ebay? Just make sure you have the ability to return it in case the seller doesn't realize that it can't be used on more than one vehicle at a time.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I already got one. I don't do such kind of unscrupulous activity. :wink:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HPP III

Post by snowsurfer »

I got a HPP III new, used 2 times and installed Powerdyne SC and it was recommended to not use any advance programming such as HPP III which I reprogrammed the stock info back. In other words I now have no use for the HPP III, It's a model 30019 for 03's if anyone is interested...
It actually worked great, liked the improved shift capabilities and overall peformance but of course between the HPP III and SC the SC has alots more to offer, in power of course..
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: HPP III

Post by AZS10Crew »

snowsurfer wrote:I got a HPP III new, used 2 times and installed Powerdyne SC and it was recommended to not use any advance programming such as HPP III which I reprogrammed the stock info back. In other words I now have no use for the HPP III, It's a model 30019 for 03's if anyone is interested...
It actually worked great, liked the improved shift capabilities and overall peformance but of course between the HPP III and SC the SC has alots more to offer, in power of course..
How much you want for it?
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HPP III

Post by snowsurfer »

I paid 350.00 + frt., give me a offer, like I said used twice, have box instructions etc...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'll probably hold off for a while. My prerunner bar is liquidating my Christmas present allowance...so maybe in the spring. :)
[size=75]Mark
proroc

Post by proroc »

Does anyone know if the power programer for 1997 vehicles allowed you to recalibrate your speedo? Thanks.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: HPP III

Post by quickbiker »

snowsurfer wrote:I paid 350.00 + frt., give me a offer, like I said used twice, have box instructions etc...
OK, $1
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HPP III

Post by snowsurfer »

A comedian in every group I guess!!!