cold air intake??

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

cold air intake??

Post by duce »

ok i bout and cold air intake here in my home town and it cost me $489. :shock: than i go on ebay and see this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2425728754 so i am naturally shocked can anyone tell me if the ones on ebay are any good like this one and if they are good than i will take mine back and get the one on ebay...
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

did you get the k&n FIPK?????
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

If you got an FIPK, then keep it. The one on eBay does not have any way of separating the filter from the engine bay, which means it will be drawing hot air into the engine. The FIPK has a plastic "wall" which separates the filter from the engine bay, and it also extends own slightly to get the filter in a position to draw in cooler air.

I wouldn't get that one on eBay...it just looked kind of cheap.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes, you get what you pay for. i have heard from everyone that nothing compareds to the FIPK. not even the one from jet.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

TNC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TNC »

Like they said keep it... you'll be happier with the K & N
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I have seen the Volant and AirRaid Intake systems and they both have "boxes" that seem to separate the engine bay better than the K/N. The Volant is more expensive but the AirRaid is cheaper. Anyone seen these?

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

The K&N FIPK 2 is GREAT! You can not go wrong with it (except the $489 price quoted above seems very high - mine was $280 if I recall correctly). Obvious noticable power and torque gains, and a cool intake sound as well.

Note the intake tube going into the throttle body is much different than stock. It is polished like glass, higher to allow straighter airflow down into the throttle body, and shaped differently to force the air down. Much of the gain comes from here. Any kit using the factory intake pipe to the throttle body won't see as much improvement.

The separating wall is steel, not plastic. The only mod I made to mine was to cut the small wall section out above the tube hole, so that I can get the whole tube/filter/MAFS assembly in and out in one piece, without removing the wall panel or any of the pipe clamps on the tube assembly.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Mike H. wrote:The K&N FIPK 2 is GREAT! You can not go wrong with it (except the $489 price quoted above seems very high - mine was $280 if I recall correctly). Obvious noticable power and torque gains, and a cool intake sound as well.

Note the intake tube going into the throttle body is much different than stock. It is polished like glass, higher to allow straighter airflow down into the throttle body, and shaped differently to force the air down. Much of the gain comes from here. Any kit using the factory intake pipe to the throttle body won't see as much improvement.

The separating wall is steel, not plastic. The only mod I made to mine was to cut the small wall section out above the tube hole, so that I can get the whole tube/filter/MAFS assembly in and out in one piece, without removing the wall panel or any of the pipe clamps on the tube assembly.

I don't understand why this thing is so expensive. What's the deal? The performance sounds good, but I guess I'd like to understand it a bit more. May make a nice combo with my hppIII
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

well that price of $489 :shock: it,s because i live in canada and over her we pay double what you guys pay over in the US...in some cases it is cheaper to buy in the US even with the exchange rate and the outrages s/h charges...like the carbon fiber tale lights that i just got from ebay it coast me $112cnd with s/h the same light here would have cost me $270 :shock:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

And allot of the truck is made in Canada! :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]