Bone stock... NO MORE !!! Round #1 of mods begin

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Mike Mercury
Regular
Regular

Bone stock... NO MORE !!! Round #1 of mods begin

Post by Mike Mercury »

(nice video near the end of the post !!!)

after 4.5 years of driving my 2003 S-10 Crew Cab... bone stock; I decided to upgrade instead of replace.

First mod is new wheels and tires. Wheels are the Sport Edition F7:

painted and clear coated. I didn't want chrome. I went plus 1 size... to 16" on these rims.

tires: 235/70-16 front, 245/70-16 rear. The rears needed more "meat" to fill-out the fenders a little better; that's why I went with the 245's there. The front tire heigth increased about .6", and the rear about .8"; not enough change to worry about speedo error or 4wd problems.
General Grabber UHP

here's the before/after view pics:

All these posted images were over the 100k limit for this forum. -HJ

I got 4 rims, 4 tires, mounted & balanced, with chrome lugnuts... for $788 shipped !!!!

here's the video (32mb; takes a minute or two to load/ Might wanna right-click Save-As):
http://www.ctechradio.com/s10/s-10mpeg2.mpg

next mod...

and then, some performace mods :D
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks really good! I like the idea of rotating my tires but, to each his own. You actually looked higher stock than mine did when it was new.Image
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Sweet!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Those rims look way better than the stockers! :thumb:

Make sure your alignment is set perfect since you can't rotate those tires. :wink:

I also like the Vette! 8)

Steve
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Nice :thumb: Where did you buy the rims and tires?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Mike Mercury
Regular
Regular

Post by Mike Mercury »

killian96ss wrote:Those rims look way better than the stockers! :thumb:

Make sure your alignment is set perfect since you can't rotate those tires. :wink:
thanks !

I also like the Vette! 8)

Steve
it's the wifes (she's the one drivign on the S-10 video).

Got everything at Tire Rack; ordered it Monday morning, arrived the next day. Already mounted & balanced.

I can still rotate (I think) ... side to side.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Mike Mercury wrote:I can still rotate (I think) ... side to side.
Those tires are also directional so I wouldn't advise running them backwards just to get better wear.

If all 4 directional tires were the same size you would be able to rotate front to rear on the same side but that's about it.

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Mike Mercury wrote:..................I can still rotate (I think) ... side to side.
That is a given :wink:

I was gonna mention the attractive driver but, thought that I'd behave :lol:

I have had good luck with Tire Rack since way before the internet. I have probably bought from them for over 30 yrs and would drop by their place in South Bend, IN when I made an annual trip to Elkhart, IN.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Mike Mercury
Regular
Regular

Post by Mike Mercury »

killian96ss wrote:
Mike Mercury wrote:I can still rotate (I think) ... side to side.
Those tires are also directional so I wouldn't advise running them backwards just to get better wear.

Steve

can still go side-to-side, and keep the direction the same (but this would require the tires being removed from the rims... and would add a little extra cost to the swap). Given; that this isn't much of a rotate as the tires will still be running the same direction.... but it's is still an option.
Last edited by Mike Mercury on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:
Mike Mercury wrote:..................I can still rotate (I think) ... side to side.
That is a given :wink:
You must have missed my post above. :poke: :wink:

He has directional tires and they are different sizes front to rear which means no rotation pattern is possible.

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Mike Mercury wrote:can still go side-to-side, and keep the direction the same (but this would require the tires being removed from the rims... and would add a little extra cost to the swap).
You could do that and I'm sure that's what lot of the newer C-5/C-6 Vette owners with hi performance directional tires do with there different sized tire/rim combos.

Steve
Jim

Post by Jim »

You should really like the way it drives with the 16" wheels. Both my Crew Cab and my daughters Bravada I put 16x8 Camaro / Firebird wheels. They both are less boaty and more responsive.

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.