I just bought these Bravada seats for my Crew

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

I just bought these Bravada seats for my Crew

Post by Jim »

I already have leather in my crew but I have found the seats aren't very comfortable compared to my Bravada. I have been watching Ebay dreaming of Bravada seats because they usually bring $500. I just won these for about 1/2 that and they are 75 miles from me. This spring the transformation will take place Seats, column and floor shift console. I even have the wood trim for the window switches.

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

NICE!!!!! :thumb:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Nice!

I find the seats in our Bravad to be VERY confortable, but they do lack a little in lateral support. Then agian the Bravada isn't a race truck, plus ours leans horribly when turning, so that does not help.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Snoman002 wrote:Nice!

I find the seats in our Bravada to be VERY comfortable, but they do lack a little in lateral support. Then again the Bravada isn't a race truck, plus ours leans horribly when turning, so that does not help.
They seem to have a longer bottom cushion. My Bravada has 104,000 miles on it and the seats sit nicer than my 40,000 Crew.

Last edited by Jim on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Yeah, our Bravada has 135k and the seats still sit great. In all honesty they may be the best seats that I have ever sat in when it comes to overall comfort.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Picked them up today they are as nice as they look in the pics :D
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Are they power?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Are they power?
Both power, heated, drivers memory :D :D :D really was a good buy :P
link
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Memory huh? Is it retained in the seat or BCM?

Is all the wiring that you need there already, or will you have to add a harness?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Memory huh? Is it retained in the seat or BCM?

Is all the wiring that you need there already, or will you have to add a harness?
Same equipment I already have just better seating area. According to the manual the memory module is under the seat, a data link is connected to only allow the memory to be operational when it is in park or neutral.
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds cool. Are you planning to match the rear seat?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Jim wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Memory huh? Is it retained in the seat or BCM?

Same equipment I already have just better seating area. According to the manual the memory module is under the seat, a data link is connected to only allow the memory to be operational when it is in park or neutral.
Which, while I understand the reason, is annoying as all can be. I'm guessing that the data link is also the peice that allows the seat to link to the keyless?
Jim

Post by Jim »

My Bravada doesn't have the memory, I don't know why it has all the other equipment listed in the package that memory goes with. I was thinking of adding the memory feature to it but that data wire may not be there.
Best Regards, Jim
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I don't know if, this helps you or not but, when I use my wife's key fob to unlock the truck the seat adjusts to her seat position. Another thing I just found out after almost 3 years is that the heater switch is lighted when turned on.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I think the data link interfaces with the receiver for which fob is used.
Does alot of good having the switch light up where you can't see it while driving. I've bumped the thing in the summer and roasted my butt. the switches should be on the dash or console for the seat heaters.
Best Regards, Jim
Grunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Grunto »

Are your old seats power or not?

Interested in selling them?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Grunto wrote:Are your old seats power or not?

Interested in selling them?
Old seats are power and heated, not interested in selling.
Best Regards, Jim
Grunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Grunto »

Thought I'd try. :)

Can't wait to see those Bravada seats in your truck.
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Sounds cool. Are you planning to match the rear seat?
The color matches the rear and the existing leather rear seats have the same center stitching with the gathers, I think most people won't notice the inserts are flipped. Besides the rear door handles and door panels don't match the front :?
Best Regards, Jim