Bed mounted Hi-Liftj jack

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bed mounted Hi-Liftj jack

Post by mjmcdowell »

Well, in an previous post I stated that I got rid of the tool box, but still wanted to be able to carry the jack in the bed. After some thought I took the jack sat in the bed and fooled around trying to find a sutable place to mount it......and I did. placing the jack across the bed with the jacking mechanism/base on the right (lifting foot up) and snug down to the base resting on the wheel well and the other end resting on the left wheel well (looking from the tailgate forward) I then used a large S hook thru one of the bottom holes in the jacks base. then thru the factory tie down loop. Now I have a "jackmate" and with this all the way up on the lifting bar I used a small open turnbuckle with a hook on one end and a closed eye on the the other end. To the eye I attached an S hook, closed it and this is attached to a point on the jack mate and the hook end is attached to the left side factory tie down. Tighten and the jack is secure. Locked it with a cable. the large S hook at the base is more than strong enough to hold and the smaller S hook and turnbuckle are WLL at 70# so I should be ok. If I was using the factory jack end a larger/longer turnbuckle may have had to of been used but using it to hook to the jack end or lifting holes is the same idea. Stainless was used, about $15 worth. Took a test ride on a bumpy paved road, solid as old cheese, narry a rattle or bump. mabey some of you can use this idea, stay safe, mjmcdowell
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Pics! Pics! Pics! :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Walt wrote:Pics! Pics! Pics! :)
+1
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Are we ever gonna get any pics? I messed around w/ the idea but wanna see what you did.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]