My crew with new safari bar and ZR5 options.

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

rick
Crew
Crew

My crew with new safari bar and ZR5 options.

Post by rick »

Heres the deal. When I bought my crew cab I did not know the ZR5 existed. Even though I had 4 prior S10s. After finding this sight my truck reminded me of a grandpa's truck. I decided to put some ZR5 options on it with a little paint work and this is what I ended up with.

Westins step bars
ZR5 stickers from the internet
Bed bars from a member here
Flares from Ebay
Westin Safari bar w/KC lights
ZR5 wheel from asking a ZR5 owner
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Big difference. Doesn't look like the same truck. Well done :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Outstanding, even if, I hate smileys :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

I thought those were two different trucks before I read the post. Nicely done.
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Its amazing what a few well placed aftermarket parts can do.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Mucho bettero.....but then again I'm partial :D
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I see you removed the pinstripe too! Looks good man
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:Outstanding, even if, I hate smileys :)
Nice lookin' smilies. :thumb:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

When I can I will swap out the pictures with brighter ones, the sun was starting to set. The pinstripping was removed by my 10yr old daughter I just let her pull them off (I removed any glue left behind). I purchased the lower valance as a reproduction in black for $38. pulled the bumpers off and painted them a low gloss black. I traded off the white grille for the original zr5 colored grille.

Hear is the best part, I was driving through the parking lot of a shopping center that was not very busy and noticed a ZR5 parked outside a cell phone store. The ZR5 had 20inch wheels. So I parked my truck and went in the cell phone store and asked who owned the ZR5 and the manager said he did. I asked him if he still had the original wheels, he said yes so I asked him if he wanted to sell them, he then said $250. for the set. I told him I would buy them and I did that night after he got off work. I turned around and sold my n90's for $200. on Ebay + shipping, they were in mint condiction.

The bed rails were purchase on this sites classified for $75.00

I bought the set of ZR5 flares off Ebay from whom I believe is a member hear. Three were good (I knew one was bad) I then bought the fourth one from S10 warehouse. Sanded and refinished the flares in original color. The set of flares were about $200. with shipping. (still searching for the front bumper flarettes) I'm just not ready to pay full price for them.

The stickers came from GM parts direct.

Now on the brighter side, no never complimented me one the basic style Crew. When I installed the ZR5 options people notice it and I get one to two compliments a week by people saying "nice truck"

Next purchase will be tires out of necessity.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Nice. All you need is the roof rack to complete the look. You got a steal on the wheels/flares. The black on whote looks really sharp. Good work.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]