new brushguard

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

new brushguard

Post by bad bowtie »

I just bought a brushguard at a swap meet 2 weekends ago. It was brand new in the box with all the hardware. It is a Manik brushguard. I paid $175 for it. Retail is about $567.

http://www.manik.com/

Has anyone hear of this guard and is it any good. Also it is mounted to the frame but I have a 2" body lift so I made brackets to attach the guard to the existing brackets. But went I drive down the road it moves about 1/2" when I go over bumps. Do these guards normally move like this.

Also what size fuse should I use for the two 55 watt procomp off-road lights? I think it is 15 amp.
2002 crewcab ZR5 -- dark metallic blue , 2" PA bodylift , 1.5"torsion bar and shackle lift , 31" BFG all-terrians , K&N airfilter and 40 series , Flowmaster exhaust , Leer 100XQ cap , AND MUCH MORE!!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yeah sure 15 amp will work.

i have 2 110 watt pro comp lights :wink: cut me off and see what i light up :lol:

thats a good price for that guard.

and no its not supposed to move
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Manik is a known brand. They all shake a little since they are frame mounted and not to your body, but I don't think it's suppose to move that much. Probably cause of the mounts you had to make.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

Post by bad bowtie »

Thanks guys for you help. I will wire them in this weekend and I will mount the top part of the bar where the lights are to the top bumper bolts. That should hold it. Also I am finally going to try to move the nerf bars up this weekend. This is going to be a long weekend.

I should have pictures soon.
2002 crewcab ZR5 -- dark metallic blue , 2" PA bodylift , 1.5"torsion bar and shackle lift , 31" BFG all-terrians , K&N airfilter and 40 series , Flowmaster exhaust , Leer 100XQ cap , AND MUCH MORE!!
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I have one too. $175 is a pretty good price. Unfortunately, I paid a lot more. :twisted:

Mine seems to move side to side about the same as you describe and it's annoying as h***. I'm looking for a way to brace it a little better. I had a similar setup on a Ranger I had (also frame mounted) and it sure didn't move like this one does.
bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

Post by bad bowtie »

I will update this after this weekend on how I braced it so it won't move.
Doogy
Regular
Regular

Post by Doogy »

Don't bother bracing it. It must be a piece of junk...........so sell it to me for $176.00. :lol: Just kidding...sounds like you have a good find. :D
Doogy
SlickDaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SlickDaddy »

i got a maap grill guard that attached to the frame. it is on tight, in fact you can jump on it and it moves the whole truck, no play whatsoever...
Doogy
Regular
Regular

Post by Doogy »

I have been trying to find another manufacturer that carries something to match the brushed aluminum box and side rails and roof rack. GM has a factory unit but I would prefer a bull bar, or something nobody esle up here has seen. Anyone know of a supplier of something that might look similar to the factory finish on my other accesorries?
Doogy
bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

Post by bad bowtie »

I braced the brushguard this last night and it worked get. It doesn't move at all. All I did is run a piece of aluminum from the bumper mount to the bottom bar. The hard part is bending the aluminum to match up.

It is pretty tight so I can't take any pictures.
Superchargedcrew
Regular
Regular

Brush guard

Post by Superchargedcrew »

I have a factory brushed aluminum brush guard I'll sell for half the price of retail..I got picts. of it on my truck I'll post them..
Supercharged S-10 Crew Powerdyne 7psi Supercharger, K&N Filter,Air box mod, Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust crome tipped, HTPP III, A.R.E. Z Cap, Rhino Liner, Zie Bart Total Care Package, Nerf Bars, Wiper Cowl, Bug Deflector, Clear Corner Markers, HD Trans Cooler, 160* Thermostat, Red Neons in the bed, B&M Shift Improver.