Can I buy a pre-made pre bent stainless exhaust pipe?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Can I buy a pre-made pre bent stainless exhaust pipe?

Post by ace »

Just like it says. I'm thinking I could do my exhaust set-up my self if I could find a pre-made up pipe just from the muffler back in either 2.5" or 3".
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I don't know if this will be much help, but here is a picture of the Flowmaster Force II exhaust system that I'm running on my 2001 CC. :D

The part # for the whole system is 17330, and the part # for just the tailpipe is 16355. Maybe you could order the tailpipe directly from Flowmaster without all the other stuff. :shrug: The tailpipe is not stainless steel, however it is fully mandrel bent aluminized 2.5" tubing which is much better than most exhaust shops are going to give you. :wink: If Flowmaster won't sell you the tailpipe by itself then you might try calling a few other companies who make full cat-back exhaust systems for the CC and see if they will sell you the tailpipe by itself. I believe Gibson makes a system for our CC's and there might be a few others as well. :wink:

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Here is a better picture of the Flowmaster Force II exhaust system that I have on my CC. :D

The only difference is the muffler. It comes with a 50 Series SUV muffler and I replaced mine with a 30 Series Top Ten muffler which is basically the same as a Super 40. :wink:

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Here is the Dynomax system for the S10 Crew Cab. It is part # 19409. :wink:

Here is another one made by Gibson that is specifically made for the Crew Cab S10's. It is part # 614433. :wink:

The Gibson photo above is only a representation of the part. The actual part will look slightly different.

One of these companies might sell you the tailpipe by itself. :wink:

Steve
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the info it helped tremendously! I ordered the tailpipe from the force II kit. I had to give them the kit number and then the tailpipe number and then they gave me a price. I'm pumped because it's only $50.00. If anyone is interested I talked to a guy named Randy. It's going to take a few weeks because they are going to be built but for the money it's worth it. It will be mandrel bent too. It's not stainless but I can handle replacing that in 3-4 years for 50 bucks. I can also do the install myself now too saving more $. I called all the other companies and they won't sell just the tailpipe. The guys from flowmaster have been really cool. I called them about the mufflers too. I'm going with the deltaflow 40 in stainless. The super 40's aren't available in stainless unfortunately. Thanks again!!
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Ace, you may have to cut off some of the pipe where it connects to the muffler. I think I had to cut off about 7 inches from mine and slightly modify the rear exhaust hanger bracket to make the tailpipe fit just right. My wife has the truck right now, but when she gets home later I will take a few pictures of the system. :wink:

Steve
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Steve,

I kinda figured that I would have to modify it a little. No biggie though. The pictures would be great though. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the super 40 muffler now too. I really want to see how its sounds. It may not be stainless too but my whole exhaust will just be over a hundred bucks.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I guess you haven't heard about Steve and his sense of time when it comes to pictures :hehe:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:I guess you haven't heard about Steve and his sense of time when it comes to pictures :hehe:
It's funny that you mention this because I had already forgot about the picture. :oops: I am putting a sticky on my computer screen right now. :lol:

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Here are some pictures of the Flowmaster Force II system installed on my CC. :) The rear exhaust hanger bracket was rotated 90° to put the tailpipe in the correct posistion. :wink:

Image Image
Image Image

Steve
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Looks good! Thanks for the pictures.