Guage pod

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Guage pod

Post by 04crewvt »

Has anyone found a gauge pod for 2 gauges that will fit the 2004. The A pillar is different than the 95-2002 apparently since the pod I was going to install in my 95 blazer doesn't fit the 2004. I have an oil temp and trans temp gauge I would like to mount and need some options (2 1/16 gauges)
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Which Pod Are You Using? I Was Unaware There Was A Difference And Was About To Order The Autometer #15110 For My Truck Even Though It Says Up To '02. I Believe HenryJ Has One Mounted I'm Sure He'll Let You Know Which One It Is And If It Took Any Modifying To Get It To Fit.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I had an x-treme, three pod for the 95 it fit perfectly in there but the 03-04 changed the profile of the A-pillar moulding and now it projects too far foward to mount the gauges without drastic cutting of the pillar moulding basicallyl you would need to cut all but a thin edge out of the middle for the entire lenght of the pod. All the pods I have found show the same application data with fitment from 95-02 but none for the 03-04.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Check LMC truck catalog. If you log on to here LMC TRUCK they will send you a free catalog. I'll try to get you the part number for the gauge pod tonight.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:Is this one from Autometer? I know they make a single and possibly a double gauge pod for the late model S10's.
I don't know I picked it up used. It is the column color , black.
It doesn't look out of place.

Image Image

Stewart Warner Performance now has a pretty good selection of gauge pods too. Summit will be stocking them as well, according to their latest brochure.

I did not wish to modify my stock pillar cover, so I installed this by itself. I used a plastic insert in the pillar slot for screwing a sheetmetal screw into. The pillar is supported by two of these screws and they are covered with black plastic screw covers.

The upper gauge is the fuel level for the rear auxilary fuel tank and the lower one is the transmission temperature.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just looked at LMC catalog. Pod is shown for the 94-2003 but I know that my pod was for the 95 and it definitly would not fit in the 04. It may be that the 04 is the only one with the different model pillar post. Even when I removed the piller post trim the guage pod would not fit into the space from top to bottom it was off I even cut it down from 3 to 2 and it just will not fit.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

You could always e-mail them and ask if it will fit an 04.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]