Cold Weather Warm Up

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Cold Weather Warm Up

Post by 04crewvt »

My daily one way drive to work is only 7 miles and I am looking at the best way to warm the truck up faster. I only get heat after around 5 miles and the colder it gets the worse it gets. Also I lose almost 2mpg. Anybody out there that has similar problem that has a better solution than cardboard behind the grill or the ugly vinyl covers for the outside of the grill?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I have seen block heaters and heated dip sticks that will help engine life but I don't think thats going to help you solve your problem. I do a 15 min warm up in the morning. My next house will have a heated garage. :D
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Block heater, electric fans. I would not do the radiator block. It is too easy to forget and toast an engine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

remote starter ,start her before you go out
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]