Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Skidz shields

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Split topic-HJ

maybe i should find a way to make this cheaper huh? :D
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

bubaloo1983 wrote:maybe i should find a way to make this cheaper huh? :D
*hint* *hint* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The price I was previously quoted when the GM shield package was still in stock was $163 for all 3 shields which included all the brackets and hard ware. This seemed very reasonable. I will also try the nation wide search through my dealer. If this doesn't work out then, bubaloo1983, I see on your web site that you are currently charging $600 for all 3 plates. :shock: Is this the lowest price you can offer? I prefer aluminum for weight savings, but I do not need anything fancy, and I'm not into bling, but rather performance and durability. :D

Steve
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i will work on the price tonight, reason its so high is volume. but i can probably work something out :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

killian96ss wrote:
The price I was previously quoted when the GM shield package was still in stock was $163 for all 3 shields which included all the brackets and hard ware. This seemed very reasonable. I will also try the nation wide search through my dealer. If this doesn't work out then, bubaloo1983, I see on your web site that you are currently charging $600 for all 3 plates. :shock: Is this the lowest price you can offer? I prefer aluminum for weight savings, but I do not need anything fancy, and I'm not into bling, but rather performance and durability. :D

Steve
The good thing about Justin's plates is that you know they'll take a beating :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:The good thing about Justin's plates is that you know they'll take a beating :D
Good point! I'm sure there much nicer than the GM skid plates, but I will obviously have to save up a lot more money to get them. :(

Steve
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yah i even admit they are crazy price! they are 1/4 inch aluminum or 3/16 steel so material cost is high plus because they are not high volume, materials are a bloody fortune from my supplier, plus i have to make them. i will see what i can cook up :)

coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Steve

The good thing about Justin's plates is that you know they'll take a beating :D
With the 1/4" thick steel plate he made me for my t-case, has been constantly bashed against rocks and has probably held my truck completely in the air before and I haven't even managed to really scratch it yet :shock:

it was sooo worth the money.........but if you do a lot of rock crawling or wheel pretty hard don't get alluminium (I learned that the hard way :roll: )
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

coffeedrnkr wrote:if you do a lot of rock crawling or wheel pretty hard don't get alluminium (I learned that the hard way :roll: )
Thanks for the reply coffeedrnkr!! My CC is actually used more by my wife than me. :roll: In fact it is actually her truck and not mine, but we share everything. We both like to go wheelin, but I would say the Crew only makes it off road about 15% of the time. We do very little rock crawling, but we both enjoy difficult trails involving mud and hill climbs, so I don't really think steel skid plates are neccesary. If it were strictly my truck then it would have a least a 6" lift, 33's, and SFA, but I do have my SS which is a lot of fun on road courses and auto-x tracks, so I'm happy for the time being. :D

Steve