Looks like the pulleys will go on after all...

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Looks like the pulleys will go on after all...

Post by Walt »

My stock belt just broke. Luckilly I just drove up to work. Since I have it and what's needed, I'm gonna go ahead and install the March Pulleys and belt. My only problem is this: getting to the alternator pulley with an impact wrench. Any suggestions?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

i think we used a hand ratchet to change mine
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Looks like the pulleys will go on after all...

Post by HenryJ »

wamason wrote:My only problem is this: getting to the alternator pulley with an impact wrench. Any suggestions?
Take it off. 5/16" or 8mm to take loose the battery cables, 10mm to take loose the alternator cable, 13mm to remove two mounting bolts, and lift it off. Be careful with the outermost front bracket ear. I broke mine after the umpteenth alternator swap :oops:

If you would , measure the diameter of the March alternator pulley you are installing (in mm please) . The stock pulley is 54mm for a reference.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

ok will do.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...