Black Grill

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Black Grill

Post by gocntry »

My Crew Is All Black & White Except For The Front Grill Center Bar. Can I Buy A Different Piece That Is black? Or Is There A Good Way To Black Out The Chromed Plastic? Any Suggestions......

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There is a local ebay seller "Martin's Truck Supply" that often has the Xtreme grills in colors.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

if you replace that grill off your truck - I wanna work something out for your stocker -- mine got damaged and the epoxy isn't holding up :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

adrenalnjunky wrote:if you replace that grill off your truck - I wanna work something out for your stocker -- mine got damaged and the epoxy isn't holding up :-)
Ok I'll Let Ya Know :)
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Sorry Adrenalnjunky........ But I Used Barch's Idea...The Krylon Rattle Can Only In A "Semi-Flat" Black. I Also Blacked Out The Chrome Rings Around The Headlights Too. I Had To Go The Cheap Route Since I'm Gonna Do The Cowl Induction Hood.

The After Shot:

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:bounce: I love it :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:idea: black the hood /roof and tailgate :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

jeff024 wrote::idea: black the hood /roof and tailgate :)

I Was Thinking About Making The Cowl On The Hood Black..... I Guess If I Keep Going I'll Look Like A Backwards Skunk..... :shock:
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Whoa! I really like the black!!!! Looks really good, man! 8)
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

That looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet :rock:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

That looks great :thumb:

I've been wanting to do mine for a while but have been afraid of getting a weak bind between the paint and already painted on "chrome". Any kind of special surface prep? sanding?
Jim

Post by Jim »

barch97 wrote:That looks great :thumb:

I've been wanting to do mine for a while but have been afraid of getting a weak bind between the paint and already painted on "chrome". Any kind of special surface prep? sanding?
Image Image
http://www.kleanstripauto.com/products/plasticprep.html
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

barch97 wrote:That looks great :thumb:

Barch, I Used The Exact Krylon Paint You Posted A Picture Of, I Also Sanded The Chrome Pretty Good W/ 600 Grit Sandpaper To Scuff It So The Paint Would Stick. Then A Good Wipe Down With Some Paint Thinner. So There's No Going Back For Me, I Took The Headlights Out & Taped Them Up & Scuffed - Painted The Trim Rings W/ The Lenses Still In Them. The Center Bar Unbolts From The Main Grill Once You Have It Out. The Bowtie Emblem Also Comes Out Of The Center Bar. Now As To How Long It Last, Hopefully I'll Only Have To Spray It Once A Year Or So To Renew The Look.

I Also Appreciate All The Positive Comments From You Guys....I Was Worried It Was Gonna Look Bad And My Chrome Was Gonna Be All Messed Up Too :shock:
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

That looks realy good think i may do that :thumb:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd