This Upcoming Years Mod List For My Crew Cab

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

This Upcoming Years Mod List For My Crew Cab

Post by Jim »

Dual stainless catback exhaust (I need to install a heat shield for the canister behind the fuel tank & factory tailpipe mount bracket in the left frame rail)

225x60x16 tires

HPPlll (mainly to correct for the tire size)

Gather parts necessary to do a floor shift w/ console like this bravada. (so far I only have the door switch trim)

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks good, Jim!

Just seems like a lot of work just to have the floor shift. It's been 10 month since I traded my ZR2 and I have just recently stopped reaching for floor shift after doing it for 7 yrs :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Grab the radio controls for the steering wheel too, when you eliminate the column shifter.

Did they have any of the inlay on the dash as well? I just glanced at one while checking RPO codes for a friend. I thought there was something around the glove box area? Might be imagining things though :?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Grab the radio controls for the steering wheel too, when you eliminate the column shifter.

Did they have any of the inlay on the dash as well? I just glanced at one while checking RPO codes for a friend. I thought there was something around the glove box area? Might be imagining things though :?
Will those controls connect to our radios? I thought they may only connect to the Bose system.
I've been looking at Bravada pics on ebay... the only trim in wood is the switches & console, none in the rear seat or anywhere else.

S-10 warehouse on Ebay has my name , when he gets graphite in he's to let me know. I do want the column w/ wheel, bag & all ready to bolt in.
My past experience with Corvette restoration has me brainwashed into saving all old parts that I remove, incase it becomes collectable :lol: :lol:

I have my spare air box all cut but haven't found belting yet.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jim wrote:...Will those controls connect to our radios? ...I have my spare air box all cut but haven't found belting yet.
I thought I saw a thread somewhere on how to do it, on another forum. I'll see if I can find the link.

If you run out of options for belting, send me a PM, I may have a source for you ;)

EDIT:
sunktruck from ZR2.com wrote:I was able to succesfully add "stearing wheel controls" to my 2001 s-10 stock radio (which did not have stearing wheel controls). You will find out that the input wire is not availiable on the radio's harness, but can be added... er rigged. ...
chevy_chick from ZR2.com wrote:...We (my Husband and I) have added this feature in our 1995 Chevy Impala SSs and our 1994 Caprice wagon. Donor vehicle was the chevy monte Carlo/Lumina, but Pontiac grand prix, grand am, Bonneville, Firebird would have worked too. In our situation, we needed the donor vehicle's steering wheel and airbag (wheel was shaped differently from the B-body wheel and took a different airbag), and the coil (Stock was airbag wiring only, donor was airbag plus radio controls (ingition, signal, lights, ground)). Once we did the stuff in the column (install coil and wheel), all that was left was to install the yellow signal wire into the radio (C3 pin 14).

this is the link to the impala SS home page that details the info... steering wheel radio control page
It just might be possible.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

There are a few guys in our B-Body club that have done this. I believe they used the Bonneville wheel, but only because it was the closest match to the Impala SS interior color. I personally like the black Monte Carlo wheel better. :)

Steve