K & N FIPK Or Volant Intake W/ 2" BL?????

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

K & N FIPK Or Volant Intake W/ 2" BL?????

Post by gocntry »

Anybody Here Running Either A K&N FIPK Or A Volant Intake With A 2" BL? Both Companies Say Their Product Will NOT Work With A Body Lift. I E-mailed Them To Verify This....Of Course I Am Positive That Someone Here Has Tried This To See If It Works Or Not. Air Intake Is Next On my List Of Mods But Dont Want To Blow A Couple Hundred Bucks If I Have To Take It Back Off When I do The 2" BL. Can someone Enlighten me On This Subject?.

Thanks,
Jeff
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am currently running the K&N FIPK with a 2" BL.

I also have a 1" TB spacer to help line things up a little better, and allow access to the thermostat.
The FIPK is pretty rigid and some have had the bonnet come loose from the throttle body.
I'd say look for an inexpensive TB spacer, and things should work just fine.

BTW, I think that the modded airbox worked nearly as well as the FIPK for $250 less.
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Volant CAI

Post by KCustom »

I am running the Volant CAI on my truck with a 2"BL, but my intake system is a little different with the supercharger....I would still think that the Volant would work just fine......
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Don
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Box mod...

Post by Don »

So HenryJ are you saying that the box mod, and a drop in K&N will work as good as the fipk?? If so I going to do that one first...
[size=75]It was just working....
02 ZR5 added tint to front windows,Huskys in the pan and Ultra X bed liner,VentVisors.
Bilstein shocks all around..
Hope to raise it up someday..[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Box mod...

Post by F9K9 »

Don wrote:So HenryJ are you saying that the box mod, and a drop in K&N will work as good as the fipk?? If so I going to do that one first...
He told me one time that it was as good. I went the Airaid route and had no problems but, in retrospect I would go the cheapo ebay polished tube and the K&N cone type filter if I had it to do over.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Don
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was wondering about that too...

Post by Don »

You know I have a 88 XJ I'm doing some work on also besides trying to bring the CC up to snuff, and I decided to go the tube route intake with it, but didn't know about the 4.3 and if the hook up would be as easy as the XJ's was or not...I mean with all the talk about moving the IAF or whatever its called sensor I didn't know if the tube route would work or not...could ya point me to the thread if there is one on that mod??
02 ZR5 added tint to front windows,Huskys in the pan and Ultra X bed liner,VentVisors.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Here Ya Go....

RELOCATING IAT
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Don
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hear ya...

Post by Don »

Thank ya Country....
Is this the same kinda thing that HenryJ went to the junk yard and got the pigtails and made his own plug and play model....ya know that man is wayyyyyy to smart for me... :D
Don
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link too.....

Post by Don »

Hey Country I just figured out the link ya sent me is all the good stuff thats been saved and I was to dumb to figure out how to get to it.... :oops: I'll read all those before I ask any redunent questions pal.....
Thanks again though for the info....
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

Here's a shot of my FIPK and Airaid Throttle Body Spacer, I also have the 2" BL.

It'll work, good luck :D
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]