Mods to save fuel

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Mods to save fuel

Post by Brad »

Share any mods or link any pages that help to save fuel. Check out www.gasbuddy.com. How much is everyone paying per gallon? What kind of milage are you all getting?

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

$1.90 for 87. Hypertech power programer keeps my mileage accurate. I imagine an egg between my foot and the pedal.

Brad
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Mods to save fuel

Post by barch97 »

Brad wrote: How much is everyone paying per gallon?
this much

also check out gaspricewatch.com to find low prices in your area. would be helpful if you all registered (free) and help keep data up to date.
Brad wrote:I imagine an egg between my foot and the pedal.
I've found that this is by far the best way to increase fuel economy. keep the tach under 2000rpm and the gas needle doesn't move.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Gas pedal fuel saving mod=

Materials:
1 2x4 piece of wood
1 roll of duct tape

Steps:
Using either a hand saw, table saw, or compound miter saw, cut approximately 3 or 4 inches from the 2x4. Place under gas pedal and secure wood to pedal using a generous amount of duct tape.

Results:
Your gas pedal travel will now be limited, thus the engine will not be able to reach full throttle, thus no lead-footed, gas-guzzling acceleration.

Press it all you want, but you're gonna be hard-pressed to beat a 3 cylinder Geo Metro in a race. :D
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Jim

Re: Mods to save fuel

Post by Jim »

Brad wrote:Share any mods or link any pages that help to save fuel. Check out www.gasbuddy.com. How much is everyone paying per gallon? What kind of milage are you all getting?

Brad
17-20 MPG
1. Bed cover helps
2. Forget about aerodynamics our trucks have the same drag coefficient as bricks. Lowering would help but thats out of the question.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

i got 22 mpg on the hwy this week.

btw...i do not have a modded gas pedal. :D
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

NTXCrew wrote:Gas pedal fuel saving mod=

Materials:
1 2x4 piece of wood
1 roll of duct tape

Steps:
Using either a hand saw, table saw, or compound miter saw, cut approximately 3 or 4 inches from the 2x4. Place under gas pedal and secure wood to pedal using a generous amount of duct tape.

Results:
Your gas pedal travel will now be limited, thus the engine will not be able to reach full throttle, thus no lead-footed, gas-guzzling acceleration.

Press it all you want, but you're gonna be hard-pressed to beat a 3 cylinder Geo Metro in a race. :D
And if you have a 18-wheeler barreling down on your tail you're gonna have a heck of a time getting out of his way before you get run over! :shock:
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

hmmm...good point. maybe we should engineer a detachable unit, too...
-Jim
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

2x4 mod does not mix well with speed metal in CD player.

Brad
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

swap the 4.3L for this
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Justin wrote:swap the 4.3L for this
That's the new Honda engine isn't it? :mrgreen:

Gas is between $1.99 and $2.15 here depending on what block you're on and what day of the week it is. I find the best way to save on gas is to be unemployed and not drive anywhere. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

AZS10Crew wrote:I find the best way to save on gas is to be unemployed and not drive anywhere. :D
Unfortunately, I know this one too well right now. It does work though for saving gas. :?