Warranty repairs

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Warranty repairs

Post by 04crewvt »

Well I got my CC back from the dealers yesterday. They did a number of things including replacing the right side CV axel shaft and boot,left plate lamp replaced, dash speaker replaced,drivers side weatherstrip replaced and the two broken studs replaced. Total cost $0 !!! they covered everything under warranty. I seem to have found a dealership with that rare person, a service manage who actually helps his customers :shock: I just hope his higher ups don't figure this out and "promote" him to a position he can do no harm in. :lol:
Just went out and reinstalled spacers and my 30x9.5's WITH A TORQUE WRENCH and reprogramed the truck with my HPPIII. Ready to see if all is well again. I just hope this CV boot lasts and that no other ones go out soon it's a PITA to to change back and forth from custom to stock what with 40 lug nuts and 20 plastic caps and only the factory scissors jack to lift the truck with, my floor jack wasn't tall enough to lift the wheels off the ground when I got it, now it really isn't any use. :!:
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Warranty repairs

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote: the factory scissors jack to lift the truck with, my floor jack wasn't tall enough to lift the wheels off the ground when I got it, now it really isn't any use. :!:
I hear ya' :D I got tired of using a cheap floor jack and wood blocks. I picked up an SUV jack that takes two pumps to reach frame and then normal pumping.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]