Re - Treaded Tires

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re - Treaded Tires

Post by doughboy5499 »

A buddy of mine brought to my attention of re-treaded tires today. He had purchased a pair from high-Tech Retreading and likes them alot. He has not had any problems with them. I saw them today and they look good as new tires. Shipping them here was reasonable too. I checked out their web-site and it is almost convincing to me. I am going to need some new rubber on my cc soon considering it has the original tires on it and I have 63000 miles now. I might end up getting me a pair of the Green Diamond Tires. They embed granules the strength of diamonds in the tread for better grip on wet, snowy, icy etc all road/weather conditions. They act like studded tires but are made to be left on all year around. For a little more a tire I think it would be better worth getting these. They offer all different types of tires and sizes. Check out the web site and lets hear some feed back on these.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

for another 20 bucks a tire you can have new tires.
check out the yokohama geolander ATs
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Watch out for the shipping charges. $75 each to Oregon was the minimum charge that I saw for 31's :shock:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've heard alot of not so good things out of retreaded tires... not something I would feel particularly safe running....
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Seems like you're assuming a lot of risk for very little return there. Would have to be a much bigger savings to get me to go that route.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

barch97 wrote:Seems like you're assuming a lot of risk for very little return there. Would have to be a much bigger savings to get me to go that route.
I second that :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I agree with everyone above! :D I would never use re-treaded tires. Why would you want a new tread on an old tire? Rubber degrades over time. New and used tires that are more than 9 years old can't be resold here in CA because of safety concerns. I'm sure there is a reason for this. Don't take your chances with a re-tread, just get some new tires. :wink:

Steve
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

You All have good points. Guess I did not think of the safety aspect of it and the fact that these ARE someone else's tires. They took them off for a reason........to get new ones. Thanks for the insight.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]