Parts is Parts

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

pulukeg

Parts is Parts

Post by pulukeg »

Whats the deal with getting parts for my crew. I have a ZR5 and autoshmuck stores have never heard of it unless its in the computer. Can I get ZR2 parts or just reg 4x s-10. Help me school these guys
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the forum. It depends on what type of parts you are looking for. Engine and tranny parts should be all the same. The front and rear differential parts will have a differernce between a ZR2 and the non Zs. Your frame is basically the same as a regular non Z extended cab 4X4.

What are you looking at? I am sure any question you have, someone will help you out.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Welcome pulukeg!:wave: If they don't list the Crew Cab then you could just use the same year S10 4x4 with the 4.3L for most parts. What parts were you looking for?

Steve
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

zr-5 is just the code for an appearance package. You should just tell them it's a crew cab and they should be able to figure it out. ZR-2 is a special package with a lot of differences so many parts will be different. When in doubt check with us if one of us hasn't repaced the part you need we can probably figure it out for you.

And by the way welcome to the site Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Parts is Parts

Post by Steve2003 »

pulukeg wrote: autoshmuck
:lol: :lol: :lol: welcome to the site :D
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
pulukeg

Post by pulukeg »

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I need shocks. first thing just recently purchased the truck with 40k
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

pulukeg wrote:Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I need shocks. first thing just recently purchased the truck with 40k
Definitely a wise call! The stockers are basically a joke. You can use regular S-10 4wd drive shocks to order them.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

You will find that we all have replaced our factory shocks, Bilsteins seem to be the preferred brand but many of us are running the Ranchos with good luck also. I personally run the Rancho RSX.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
pulukeg

Post by pulukeg »

The site is great lots of info just what we all need, (a little help from or fellow americans) I think bilstien is gonna go on my truck. special order from autozone @ $60 ea. everyone seems to think they'll last. I mostly drive in the city and like the occasional trip to the desert (not yet in the crew though) cant wait to see what it'll do in the wild.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

pulukeg wrote: I think bilstien is gonna go on my truck.
Good choice :thumb:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

04crewvt wrote:You will find that we all have replaced our factory shocks, Bilsteins seem to be the preferred brand but many of us are running the Ranchos with good luck also. I personally run the Rancho RSX.
Don't forget those of us running ProComp ES9000's. They're cheap, but I have no real complaints :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

pulukeg wrote:I think bilstien is gonna go on my truck. special order from autozone @ $60 ea. everyone seems to think they'll last.
I Got My Bilsteins From www.summitracing.com They Got 'Em To Me In 3 Days, $60.00 Per Shock Is The Cheapest I Could Find Anywhere So That Seems To Be The Going Rate.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe