OH NO!!! Not another tire thread

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

OH NO!!! Not another tire thread

Post by barch97 »

Mrs Barch's '01 4dr Blazer LT needs new rubber. She does almost no offraod driving (rare but occasional dirt road stuff). Mostly around town and short highway commute (less than 10 miles each way). I believe this is the longest she's had the same vehicle as long as I've known her. So, chances are pretty good that we'll be trading it in within the next year or so. I'd rather not pay a fortune for a set of tires for its next owner. However, I'm also not a fan of scrimping on such an important part of her vehicle's overall performance and safety

I've seen some here mention the HT version of the yokohama geolandars that I love so dearly and I know there's gonna be a few that will say the only choice is the bridgestone dueler. In any case, the last time I asked for help choosing tires in this forum, I was VERY satisfied with the outcome. Thanks in advance for making this request go even half as well.

So far I'm leaning toward these:

Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S
at around $70 each, they're the economical choice

or
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza
but, at nearly $40 more per tire, these are a distant second.

by the way...
Mrs Barch has been very little help in narrowing the field of perspective choices. Her preference is limitted to "round black ones". :roll:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

$62.47 @ WallyWorld

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:$62.47 @ WallyWorld

And they'll even pay you to take those wheels off their hands too! :lol: :lol:

Barch, just curious, but why not try a mild all terrain tire? I know your wife doesn't do any offroading, but AT's seem to provide better traction on all surfaces than most HT tires... And many of them have no road noise. Some other tires at Wallyworld are the Uniroyal Liberator (newly redesigned), and the BFG Land Terrain. I've owned both the Land Terrain and Liberator (old style) before, and both performed well without road noise, and gave a nice ride. I did like the BFG a bit better though. Just some food for thought :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm not opposed to an AT. I just don't think it's neccessary and in general there seems to be a significant price increase between otherwise comparable HT and AT. I could very easily be talked into an AT for the right price though.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

how bout these BFG long trails Image84 bucks at tire rack

or these
Image 88 bucks at tire rack
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

my dad put some bridestone dueler at revo on his stock s10 for fairly cheap. i think he paid like 115 a tire
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

i think any of these would be an excellent choice

BFGoodrich Family SUV Tires
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I like these 2 the best. :D

My first choice would be the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo $118 each

My second choice would be the Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor $108 each

The Goodyear Silent Armor is actually the highest rated tire in this category, but I feel the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo is by far the best all around tire for winter traction and summer performance. :D

BTW, barch97, did I ever mention that I grew up on McGuire AFB near Wrightstown? I lived there for 10 years when I was just a kid. :D I would like to go back there and visit some day. :wink: It's a lot different here on the left coast. :roll:

Steve
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

killian96ss wrote:BTW, barch97, did I ever mention that I grew up on McGuire AFB near Wrightstown? I lived there for 10 years when I was just a kid. :D I would like to go back there and visit some day. :wink: It's a lot different here on the left coast. :roll:

Steve
No, I don't think you ever did mention that. Small world. :D
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

i live like 30mins from mcguirs AFB...small world
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I have the Cooper ATR 235/75/15. This was my first time with Cooper but I like them. Holds the road well in the rain and they don't have the road noise like other tires with the same type tread pattern. and at $79.00 each they didn't break the bank.

COOPER
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I vote coopers as wellImage
how about these I am looking at them to repace the stock tires in the spring.cooper2
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]