Spacers Question

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Spacers Question

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I believe that these are the spacers that many of you recommend. Spacers

When these are installed, can you still put the plastic lug nut covers over the lug nuts??

Thanks,

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Yep That's Them :D

They Come With Their Own Lug Nuts.....
You Bolt The Spacer On The Hub, Then Bolt The Wheel On The Spacer Using Your Factory Lug Nuts.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Okay! Thanks
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You could spend another $16 and get the Hubcentric spacers

Both will work fine. I might opt for the hubcentric if the choice is available.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

HenryJ wrote:You could spend another $16 and get the Hubcentric spacers

Both will work fine. I might opt for the hubcentric if the choice is available.
Whoops...Didnt Realize The First Link Wasnt The Hub-Centric...Spend The Extra Couple Bucks For The Hub-Centric, That's The Ones I Am Currently Running On The Rear.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

What is the difference between the two?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BobbleSmitty wrote:What is the difference between the two?
Hubcentric has a hub for centering the wheel. Those without are lugcentric, and center the wheel using the lugs.
Hubcentric just adds a little extra to hold the wheel centered.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I'm not sure about those spacers, but on both sets of mine, the stock lugs will not fit. The threads are different. but the lug nut caps will still fit. They press on instead of screwing on. I just use a small flathead screwdriver to get them off when I need to.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The AIM spacers and a few of the ebay spacers used 1/2" studs. These are stronger, but use a 13/16" nut. This larger nut does not have the threads. Walt is right though. The caps press on the nuts. That is what I do on my front wheels. I use a pair of pliers to pull them off. They work just fine.

The stock studs are 12mm and will reuse the threaded lugnuts.

- ThunderII KE7CSK