My 6"superlift K776

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My 6"superlift K776

Post by RidinhighS10 »

hey everyone,

I am new to this website but i have been a member of s10forum.com for a while now. I have a 2004 S10 cc, 4x4, ZR5 and tomarrow i go into the shop to put my money down for the K776 6"lift from superlift. Im putting on 33x12.5 Procomp Xterrains with American Racing Mojaves 15x8. Im getting the superlift guage recalibrator and possibly the upgraded bilstein shocks, but im not sure on that one until i get some ?s answered from the 4x4 place. I live in flagstaff Az so this s### will come in handy this winter. Hopefully i can take it in this week but i think i might have to wait till the week after this one. After all that is put on, in the upcoming months, ill put on a flowmaster or magnaflow and a custom skid plate, that s### from superlift is too much money for what u get. Then after that, i need to have one more subwoofer put in because i only have 2 as of now...the other one is in my closet and i need a fiberglass box made, so that will have to wait. Other than that, when i get all the pics here soon ill post em so u can check it out, my trucks black by the way. well good to be part of this group...talk to u later
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Be sure to get a before shot. It really sounds like a major change is about to take place.

Welcome :wave:

(Watch the four letter words. This is a family friendly site :mg: )

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

Is there a big difference betweent the superlift shocks and the ones they make with bilstein?
[size=75](2)Kicker S8L7's...new chrome design, one more still needs to be installed, Audiobahn 1800W class Dmono amp, 6" superlift k776, 32x11.5 procomp Muds, American Racing Baja's[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Bilstein has a very different design than most shocks.
They use a monotube design which means all the fluid is able to cool since it can contact the outer tube. Other shocks use a dual tube design to increase capacity. The inner chamber heats the oil more and there is not enough surface area to cool. Next is that Bilstein does not use springs for the shock valving. No springs to deteriorate over time.

No I don't work for Bilstein :lol: I do believe their design functions very well and the design has things to offer that can not be matched elsewhere.

Next question is...How long will you keep your truck? If you have no plans to keep it beyond five years then most any shock will be just fine. Bilstein's could very well last the lifetime of the truck.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

thanks for the info, i want to keep my truck so thats why im lifting it now...it gets good mileage and its worth it, ill check with the company to c what i want to do but i wanted the stiens in the first place. i guess well c...thanks again!!
[size=75](2)Kicker S8L7's...new chrome design, one more still needs to be installed, Audiobahn 1800W class Dmono amp, 6" superlift k776, 32x11.5 procomp Muds, American Racing Baja's[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There is a bunch more information on the Bilstein Technology site
Once you have tried them it is hard consider anything else.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

welcome to the site
:wave:
RidinhighS10 alot of great people here enjoy
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I would recommend getting a Hypertech Power Programmer 3 over the Superlift device. It allows for so much more customization, especially if you want to change shift points or go with 93 octane fuel. Also firms up shifts a bit too. :D

Welcome :wave:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Welcome. How much is it gonna set you back?
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

welcome to the site. you'll be very happy with your 6" superlift...mine has been great. i just wanted to warn you about the 33x12.50 tires even though your only using a 8" wheel....be prepared to rub! i have 31x12.50's and i had alot of rubbing during regular daily driving until i got my body lift put on.....even now i think i could make it rub off road. i'm considering buying 33x12.50's for my next tires but i know i'll have to crank my torsion up to clear them. i just wanted to give you a heads up on what you might run into.
[size=75]2004 s-10 crew cab with 6in. superlift, 2in. bodylift, 31x12.50 pro comp mud terrains on 15x10 eagle alloy 589's[/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

Its gona set me back about $4157 without the gauge recalibrator. I looked into it and they dont even make a recalibrator for my 04 yet, so if i went with it i would get the hypertech. Um, thats good advise for the rubbing, thanks, i talked to the company and they said they will fit and i told them if there is any rubbing they can call me and they can either trim the fenders or go another route. im not too worried about it because they should work everything out. Back to the recalibration, i want the hypertech but its like $380 or 400 dollars and thats a lot of change for what i might not get out of it. idk though, i still have to look into it.

Thanks for all the advise...im going out to take before pics to post right now.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

HPPlll on ebay I got mine for 200 shipped for my 04cc
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

WoW. That is expensive, I was quoted about 3000 for the same kit with install. I just dont know if I'm gonna go with the lift of a SFA.
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

Ya but what tires and wheels are u getting? That will make the difference. Im not leaving it stock at all. Plus i had to get all the hardwear for the install which wasnt free. Im sure u would have come out with the same price. Second, how good is the dealer? I checked out everything online and found that the prices were really close. :D
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

RidinhighS10

Good luck with your 6in SL :cheers:

I believe Superlift states you can run 33x12.5 with the K776. What they won't tell you is that you will have major rubbing issues. It's not a matter of triming, you will have to cut your fenders or go with an additional bodylift. Bubaloo's fender flares are an option if you want to cut or you can just check out HenryJ's write up on skidz cut out flares if you don't want the flares. Also remember if your going with bigger tires you need to look at your gear size. I am not trying to discourage you from what you want to do just trying to give you a heads up.

May the Superlift gods be with you :bow:

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Welcome to the site Ridin High! :thumb: I am definitely looking forward to the before and after pics. Sounds like it is going to be a sweet project. :D Are you going to do any mods to the inside?...gauges, trim, etc? What about exterior stuff like a brush guard and/or lights?
Last edited by TexasBlaZeR2 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve2003 wrote:Bubaloo's fender flares are an option if you want to cut ....
I second that motion! Check the gallery for pics of HenryJ, Steve2003, and Bubaloo1983's pics crewcabs with the flares on. My pics will be up too.....soon....I hope :?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

get the bilsteins, i have them and their very well worth it.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

haha, thanks guys, i already have some mods to the audio...all that is aftermarket but as far as gauges and stuff like that, i havent yet. After i save some more money from this wallet dropper i plan to get a custom skid plate made, a flowmaster exhaust, and then some engine work. As far as the rubbing, i was told they will and wont rub but im thinkin they will so if they do ill have them shave a lil here and there and if it looks bad ill def go with some fender flares! Im not worried though as of now. I really try to keep my truck as stock as possible from the outside, i dont really like all that plastic all over my ride, but fender flares are def an option in this case. Im not all about the brush gaurd, lights, bug deflectors, etc...just wait, my stuff will all be ready tomarro hopefully and then it depends on how long it takes to check all my parts and the time they have, but if not this week then def next wednesday it will be in the shop. Thanks again for all the advise and help!! later
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

Here is my truck as of now...it needs a wax cause im sittin in AZ and the weather is not great for the black!haha

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

geez i step out for an extended weekend and everyones getting susp. lifts. lol
:lol:

well good luck to you and your lift. don't forget to post pics. i hope those 33X12.50's work out for ya....i know with my 7"s of lift i still had to trim to get them to fit.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome and good luck :thumb:

See the bed rails and wheels, did they not have luggage racks on the '04 ZR5's?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

bwenny247 wrote:geez i step out for an extended weekend and everyones getting susp. lifts. lol
:lol:
Geez I hear ya, the Superlifts are coming out of the woodwork. :thumb:

I think Bubaloo better start stocking up on flares, especially with these guys wanting to go with 33X12.5's

Steve
Buckshot
Regular
Regular

Post by Buckshot »

f9k9 wrote:Welcome and good luck :thumb:

See the bed rails and wheels, did they not have luggage racks on the '04 ZR5's?
New guy here! My 04 ZR5 did come with the luggage rack.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I have a luggage rack on my 04.
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

ya, mine had the sports package but i didnt like it...my grandma bought me the truck...so i didnt have a choice. It had the roof rack and the nerf bars...im putting back on the nerf bars but not the rack, i think its pretty lame.
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

ive got a roof rack...but i have a sweet 4 door :)
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Welcome to the forum ridinhi!!!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

quickbiker wrote:Welcome to the forum ridinhi!!!
AND Buckshot :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

ok, ok, I missed his post. Welcome Buckshot! :wink:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

welcome to the site Buckshot
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Welome all newbees :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by c schoelen »

I think Bubaloo better start stocking up on flares, especially with these guys wanting to go with 33X12.5's

I just put a 6" superlift on my truck and some 33 X 12.50 BF goodrich M/T tires. i had to trim my fenders just to drive on the road. the tires rub when ever i turn to sharp or hit a bump. I'm currently working on buying some flares because i definintly need them. without flares you will definitly not be able to off-road at all.
[size=75]2002 S-10 Zr5 with: 6" superlift, 15" black rockcrawler rims, Airaid Intake, and 33 X 12.50 BF Goodrich Mud terrian Tires. Skidz Cut-out Flares[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

any pics there schoelen sounds like a mean set-up
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by c schoelen »

I will have some pics soon.... ill send you some when i get them on my computer.
[size=75]2002 S-10 Zr5 with: 6" superlift, 15" black rockcrawler rims, Airaid Intake, and 33 X 12.50 BF Goodrich Mud terrian Tires. Skidz Cut-out Flares[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

c schoelen wrote:I will have some pics soon.... ill send you some when i get them on my computer.
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your truck with the BF Goodrich mud terrains. Post them so that we all can see. Those are the same tires I am considering. How do they ride? Are they very noisey on the street?

Steve
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by c schoelen »

the tires ride pretty well. it is a little rougher just because of the nubs on the tires. their not to noisey on the street. you will definitly beable to tell that you changed tires, but i believe that you will be very satisfied with them. it is a great tire. what kind of rims are you mounting them on?
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

c schoelen,

What back spaceing, and how wide are the rims.
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by c schoelen »

i have black rock crawler rims. ther have 4.75 back spacing and are 8" wide. my tires stick out a little bit on both sides of my truck. about an 1.5" on each side.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

pics we need pics :lol:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yes we do need pics