Rough Country Lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rough Country Lift

Post by BobbleSmitty »

What is your guys' opinion on this?

http://www.roughcountry.com/Chevy_4wdS10_2in.htm
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

HenryJ wrote:Let's clear up some of the confusion here.

I have not personally had experience with the 2" SL, but I did research it while on a quest for a 3" suspension lift.

There are some people running it with success, but I would speculate that they do not wheel the rig very hard, and the primary use is street driving. I am not saying you can't wheel it, just that those that are happy with it may not.

The 2" superlift is a massive T-bar crank. The indexers ("pork chops", "adjusters") are replaced with indexers that allow you to crank the t-bars up an additional two inches.

Now that they are cranked so far the upper a-arms are too short to correct the camber. As you crank the bars the a-arms (upper and lower) travel in different radius' since they are different lengths. The shorter a-arm's radius is smaller therefore as it travels downward it becomes shorter quicker. This leaves a negative camber (top of tire inward) situation and there is not enough adjustment in the excentrics to make up the difference.

The Superlift answer was to install longer upper a-arms to allow correct camber to be obtained.
As I understand it CV boots are also included since the stock boots can be a little too stiff for the angles.

Is there potential for CV , and CV boot problems from the steeper half shaft angles? I would say yes.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i did a 2" body lift with about 1- 1 1/2 inch t-bar crank for less than half the cost of the 2" lift kit!!!!!! :D worked for me!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

junk
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

That's what I figured! I emailed Fabtech and Rancho seeing if they had anything for the S10s, that roughcountry thing was the only other one that I found.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

75% of the lift shops you call will tell you that fabtech has a 5" (I think) kit for 4x4 S-10's. They do not. Several of us here have researched it and they only make a lift kit for 2wd S-10's. A guy at Big10 tried to sell me a fabtech kit one time for my CC. We opened the box and you could tell it wasn't designed for a 4x4 S-10!
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...