TIRES/ LIFTS /SUSPENSION

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

TIRES/ LIFTS /SUSPENSION

Post by TEXS10 »

Hello fellow s10 crewcab owners !
I haven't had my truck all that long but the more I read this site, I'am getting worried about the purchase I made :oops: . I was fired about installing the 2" body lift, and the T/B in order to install either 30" or 31" tires :D , but I do not want to be replacing ball joints and cv shafts every other year or so. I need a truck that I can depend on. I hear everyone say that the front ends of our trucks are made of toothpicks :cry: . I do not want a 5" or 6" suspension lift I would be happy with a 2" or 3" lift but I understand that this kit is not a very well designed kit and will cause big problems. I live in Texas if there is any member that has installed a body and T/B that I could really talk to and probaly make a trip to check out your truck I'am willing to listen. If not I have a black C/C 4x4 with 25,000 that I will be willing to sell for $16,000.00 or best offer. I like the looks of you guys trucks, but lets hear some positive inputs about these trucks !!!
:D :shock: :twisted: :cry: :oops: :P :x :idea: :idea: :idea:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Opinions vary. Don't panic yet. Take some time, do a little reading and normally a BL and a mild torsion bar crank will cause no issues.

If you perform a search in areas that you have questions about and come up empty handed then please feel free to ask any quesion that you feel needs to be asked.

There is a bunch of members very knowledgable here and they sincerely wish to help.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I too felt the same way . But after some research I found that the people with the most problems were the ones who went with a 5-6" susp.lift . And people who were doing hardcore off roading . If you are worried about balljoints than consider a upgrade( if you can call it that ) to Moog Balljoints . and it is really not needed . Yes the IFS is not as strong as a SFA , but none are . It is wise not to go over a 33" tire with IFS . Chech out Buballoos cutout flares , go with those and you wont need a TB crank at all .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

i have about 8000k on my truck with the superlift 6" and no real problems from the kit ,just the installer (me). body lift is farely simple if you have some basic tools and mechanical skills. a mild tb crank wont kill these trucks, and some cut out flares and stock wheels and 31" tire you will have a nice truck. :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

jeggers wrote:i have about 8000k on my truck
You've got EIGHT MILLION MILES on your truck? :shock:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

everything will be just fine with a 2in BL
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

barch97 wrote:jeggers wrote:
i have about 8000k on my truck
You've got EIGHT MILLION MILES on your truck?

:bonk:

Thats not the fist time that i have done that :x
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Ok, get a 2" body lift, 2" rear spacers, do a mild torsion bar crank, some shackles for the leafs in the rear, and put some 30's or 31's on. You'll begin to see the truck in a whole new light :) 30's won't put quite as much strain on your driveline components. The stock 235/75/15's are around 29", so it's not that big of a jump.

The way the trucks come stock is kinda embarrasing when compared to other 4x4's, but the aforementioned mods fix that.....unless you want the look of a lowered/low truck.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i've got 14k on my 6" superlift and no real problems yet...at least nothing that hasn't happened to many stock s-10's. it still drives great....almost better than stock.
[size=75]2004 s-10 crew cab with 6in. superlift, 2in. bodylift, 31x12.50 pro comp mud terrains on 15x10 eagle alloy 589's[/size]